29

The next day you had to fly back home

The next day you had to fly back home. You pouted, not wanting to leave. "We'll come back soon, this trip was amazing," Spencer reassured as you took your seats on the plane. You smiled and leaned into him, closing you eyes.

"Anywhere with you is amazing," you whispered, falling asleep. You woke up to Spencer shaking you gently.

"We're home," he said gently. You looked at him in alarm.

"I slept for 8 hours?" You questioned.

He nodded and leaned down, whispering in your ear nonchalantly. "Good sex can do that to a person." Your eyes widened as he pulled away and stood up, getting your bags. When did he start saying things like that. And why did you never want him to stop.

Your perfect bubble was broken as soon as you returned to Spencer's apartment. You would be staying here for the next week before moving to Boston. But, he would be leaving for a case. You frowned, seeing him pick up the phone. Of course, perfection couldn't last. You kissed him goodbye, telling him to be extra careful.

"I promise," he said, hugging you tightly. "I love you."

"I love you more," you replied, waving as he walked out the door.

Twelve hours later your phone rang. You picked up, hearing Spencer's soft voice. "I just wanted to make sure you didn't regret last night."

"Of course not Spence. I love you, don't overthink things with that beautiful brain of yours," you said reassuringly, as you muted the TV.

"Ok, good, because I keep replaying what happened last night. The eidetic memory really helps with that," he replied, causing butterflies to fill your stomach.

"Hmm, being immortalized in your brain is sort of terrifying."

"Trust me, it makes for a good distraction," he said flirtatiously. You blushed, thankful he couldn't see you.

"Spencer Reid!" You exclaimed.

"That's my name," he said seriously causing you to laugh. "But you already know that, because you screamed it last night."

"Oh my god, you're terrible," you said between giggles.

"Not in bed," he retaliated, making you go scarlet as you continued to laugh, not being able to breathe.

"Good night Spence," you muttered, finally being able to take a breath. "Come back soon, I miss you already. And bring this newfound confidence with you."

"I miss you too pretty girl, I'll see you soon," he said, clicking the phone off. You shook your head and went back to watching TV, smiling.

Spencer got back 5 days later, scaring you as you worked on your project proposal. He made it up to you though, in more ways than one.

Two days later, the day you were dreading had come. You had to go to MIT. And you were not as excited as you thought you'd be. Spencer helped you move in, driving with you up to Boston.