Gone (Julie Molina x reader)

Prompt/summary: Reader is the band's "manager" and residential mom friend, when she breaks down Julie is there to help her heal.

Word Count: 1,352

Warnings: angst, mentions of cancer, chemo, and death. MAJOR ANGST WARNING I CRIED

Authors note: This can either be taken platonic or romantically, but I wrote it thinking of it more romantically. I just wanted to write a Julie imagine cause I'm in love with her and also I've had some major writers block so I decided to write something fun for myself :) (Listen to Where's my love by SYML for the vibe)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want you to imagine this. You're 17, just trying to make it through high school, when a girl in your school runs up to you one day and asks you to be a manager for her band that consists of three boys that died in 1995.

Yeah. Kinda weird. But after one practice and working with them for a week to get the ma gig, I was officially named the 'manager' of Julie and the Phantoms.

Obviously if they got signed to a record label I wouldn't be the manager anymore. I don't know anything about contracts or business decisions. But I do know a few people around town to get gigs and I know how to make a killer YouTube video. So that's my job.

I had a headache most days.

Trying to keep up with a bunch of kids, some of whom are dead, was hard work. Making sure practices went smoothly, everyone was in good health, outfits were picked out for shows and videos, and making sure everything was going in a timely manner.

But then everything came crashing down.

It started with him getting sick for a few days. Then it was emergency care. Then one day I got the call.

My little brother had cancer.

It's something you never expect to happen until it does. He was so happy and healthy one day, and then the next he's being rushed in for chemo treatments. To say I was a nervous wreck would be an understatement.

The band was so helpful. Flynn took over most of my duties for the week, calling me when she needed passwords or ideas on how to keep everything running smoothly for the band.

Everything was okay, until it wasn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Has anyone heard from (Y/n) today? She hasn't picked up my calls and I need to ask her how she formats the description of the YouTube page," Flynn asked the band.

"Not today," Luke said, "She might be at the hospital with her brother. He always asks her to be there with him."

Julie sighed, "Maybe, but still she would've texted if she knew Flynn had called her."

The band shrugged and didn't think much of it. Julie's mind spun with worry. It wasn't like (Y/n) to just not respond for a whole day.

"Guys, once practice is over I'm walking over to (Y/n)'s house," she said.

The group all hummed in agreement and they moved on to the next song, but it was obvious Julie still was worrying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie noticed all the lights were off when she got to (Y/n)'s house. It was odd because her bedroom lamp was on. She could see the orange light glowing through the window from her place on the sidewalk. (Y/n) never left that on unless she was in bed, so she must be home. The front door was locked when she tried. Knocking on the door she bit her lip anxiously and footsteps came closer to the door before it opened.