Moving On (Nick x reader)

Request: Can I have a Nick x reader fic if your comfortable writing for him? Could it be like they are childhood friends and she moves away before he starts dating Carrie and comes back after Nick and Carrie broke up? If she could be the shy, quiet type but is really passionate when she's talking about what she likes, maybe fanfiction or a subject, that would be awesome?! Thanks 💙💙💙

Prompt/summary:  Reader finally comes back to LA after months of being gone

Word Count: 1,562

Authors note: Omg I was so excited to write this!!!! Does Nick even have a last name????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Returning to LA had always been something I wanted for months. Leaving right after freshman year was a shock but I couldn't argue with my parents new job offer that enabled us to save up money. So I guess I was considered a rich kid now.

It'd been too long since I walked through the halls of the performing art school. Even after all this time away, nothing had changed that much.

"(Y/n)?"

"Oh," I said as I turned around, "Hey Carrie."

She smiled bitterly at me, "So glad to see your back. We've been looking for a new dancer for Dirty Candy, wanna audition?"

"I think I'll pass, since I just got back and all," my face grew hot.

She flipped her hair over her shoulder as she walked away, "Tragic."

I rolled my eyes and made my way to my locker. It was in the same hallway, even along the same wall as my old one, just a few doors down. My combination was similar enough that I memorized it quickly. The smell of old wood and printed paper still settled throughout the school. It truly felt so good to be back.

I turned to see the same fedora I had been looking for since I got here this morning walking down the hallway, "Nick! Wait up."

He turned around and a wide smile grew across his face when he saw who yelled, "(Y/n)! You're back!"

To my surprise he pulled me into a hug, "I'm glad to be back. I missed you guys."

"Well you have a lot to catch up on."

"Hey, where's Julie? I haven't seen her all day," I said, pushing some hair back from my face.

"About that... her mom passed away a few months ago. Her and Carrie had a falling out then Julie started her own band. It's really cool, can't wait for you to see them."

"Oh," I said, I was shocked at the news. Carrie and Julie had always been super close and everyone expected them to go places after high school, "What else has changed?"

Nick shrugged, "Not much."

"Oh come on, surely there has to be more than that. You must've pulled a girlfriend in the time I was gone. Every text I got you were saying how you were talking to someone."

"It's nothing (Y/n)."

I scoffed, "Yeah right. I thought we were best friends!"

"Just drop it okay?" he snapped.

"Oh, okay."

"I'm sorry I just..."

"You guys broke up?"

"Yeah..." he nodded.

I reached up to push the fedora over his eyes causing him to laugh, "It'll be okay Nicky, I'm sure you have plenty of girls who'd jump at the opportunity to date you."