Confliction (Luke Patterson x reader)

Request: a few requested an alternate ending to my imagine Unrequited

Prompt/summary: Reader tries one final attempt to get Luke to notice her, but it fails.

Word Count:  2,646

Authors note: I debated on if I wanted to give this some really sad angst at the end but after some deliberation from my counsel I decided not to. The Vibe is "This is Gospel" by P!ATD also I really did over 2,000 words????? Wow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

I really shouldn't be jealous. Luke has chemistry with everyone he sings with. Alex would kill me if he found out that after all these years I was still crushing on his best friend. I couldn't help the feeling in my throat when I saw Julie and Luke singing together though... the feeling like I couldn't breathe. Like all the air was being sucked out of me while I tried to keep the feeling of anger from bubbling over.

Why can't he look at me like that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never meant for it to be taken this far. After Caleb branded us I truly began to wonder if my place in the band really meant anything to anyone. My feelings poured out over a page as I explained everything to them in a letter. A stupid letter that I didn't know if I actually was going to deliver or not.

My worst fears soon became a reality after I saw their interaction outside of Luke's house on his birthday.

Tears fell out of my eyes as I slipped the letter into his songwriting notebook and poofed out of the garage. I knew they would find it. I knew my brother would know the first place to look for me, so I avoided it.

I stood in the alleyway behind the Orpheum, tears falling down my face as I held onto my brother's sweatshirt he had given me a few days prior. Hopefully I could still keep it.

"Are you ready?"

I turned around and saw Caleb standing in all his elaborate glory, "I guess so."

He smirked, "Why so hesitant little dove?"

"Um," I mumbled, a shiver went down my spine at his awkward nickname, "I'm just going to miss them."

"Miss them? You're going to miss them? Oh (Y/n), they haven't even noticed you were gone. You've got nothing to lose."

Tears began to form in my eyes. Breathing became hard as I realized I had been sitting here for hours, and no one came yet.

"Poor (Y/n), in love with a boy who doesn't even notice her. A brother who was rejected by even his parents, and a best friend who doesn't even notice her feelings. You can leave all that behind, just shake my hand."

I stood there, debating on if I really wanted to give it all up. Did I really get a choice in this? I slowly lifted my hand, still hesitating.

"(Y/n), look around. They haven't even come for you yet, and I'm sure that rat Willie already told them what you were doing. They just don't care."

A jolt went through me again. My hand was shaking from the pain as I lifted it up.

No one came for me. No one cares enough. I want to show them. Show them all they shouldn't have forgotten about me.

Finally I shook his hand. Then I was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was famous.