Pick me? (Luke Patterson x reader)

Request: do you think that maybe you could do some soft luke content?🥺 i love your writing🥺❤️

(wattpad @pandabalena) could there be a prom where girls invite boys and y/n asks Luke to come with her but he refuses because is embarassed but Plot twist, when they both are at the prom, Luke sees her with another and decides to sing for her to fix things and boom kiss lol

Prompt/summary: Reader tries to ask Luke to homecoming!

Word Count: 984

Authors note: I changed it to homecoming so I hope that's okay! And sorry this is kinda short I had to get to work lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the big day.
My hands shook as I walked to the garage, the poster I had made this morning tucked under my arm.
I had waited all week to do this, my anxiety was getting the best of me every time so I kept putting it off. Today was my chance though. The boys would be practicing in the garage today and I could get Luke's attention to ask him during their break.
I let Reggie and Alex in on the plan beforehand, Alex tried to convince me to let him record with one of my cameras but I said no. Just in case I got embarrassed.

The boys finally put their instruments down and Reggie and Alex took up all the space on the couch to make sure Luke was standing in the center of the garage.
"Come on guys give me some room to sit," Luke sighed.
"Just wait!" Alex grinned.
"Wait for what?" Luke asked, Alex then pointed behind him to where I stood at the door of the garage with my poster in front of me.
Guitar picks were glued around the center which read, "Pick me for homecoming?"
Luke's jaw dropped as I stood there with a nervous smile on my face.
Alex and Reggie giggled, "Gonna say something Luke?"
"I-" Luke started before clamping his mouth shut, swallowing hard, "I can't go with you. I don't want a date. I'm sorry."
With that he ran past me and out the doors of the garage.
I looked back at Alex and Reggie with tears streaming down my face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex slung his arm around me as we walked out of the ice cream shop. To lift my spirits he took me there to get my favorite treat and let me cry a little on the walk there.
"Let's just go together," Alex said, "While we're performing you can sit with Morgan at the table."
"I rather not sit with Reggie's date," I sighed.
"Just for a little while, once I'm done performing we can have a good time. Even ditch the dance afterwards. Come on it'll be so fun!"
I sighed again and threw the wrapper for my ice cream cone away, "I guess."
"Yay!" Alex cheered, pulling me into a hug, "You better show me your dress so I can make sure I match my tie perfectly!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The dance turned out to be pretty fun. Alex escorted me in, we danced and laughed through a few songs before he had to head backstage for their performance. I was so proud of the boys for getting to play the school dance, maybe now everyone will hear how good they are.
"We're Sunset Curve! Tell your friends," Reggie announced and winked at the group of girls that had gathered near the stage. The band opened with their first song.
"Hey," I turned and saw Dylan, the star basketball player, standing just behind my chair, "I uh- saw your date leave to go on stage. Do you wanna dance with me for a little bit?"
I thought about it before smiling, "I'd love to."
Dylan grabbed my hand and lead me to the dance floor. The band played a few covers as well as originals, finally as a slow song came up I finally looked up at the stage to see Luke staring at us with a different look on his face. Dylan placed his hands on my waist as we swayed to the music.
"I thought you would've came with Patterson?"
I looked at him confused.
"Everyone knows he has a thing for you. I figured he would've asked."
"Oh," I said, "No, he didn't want a date."
Dylan shrugged and quickly changed the topic.
As the song ended everyone clapped for the band, I looked at the stage trying to find Alex but saw the band had already left the stage.
"Mind if I cut in?"
Dylan and I both turned to see Luke with an outstretched hand towards me. Dylan smirked, "Of course."
Luke pulled me close to him as Dylan walked off. My heart was hammering in my chest as I felt Luke's hand go to the small of my back.
"I'm sorry," he mumbled.
"For what?"
"For being so stupid."
I looked at him confused.
"I should've said yes to you."
"I thought you didn't want a date?"
Luke sighed, "I did want a date. I wanted you. I guess I just wanted to be the one that asked you."
I smiled, "Well, at least we have the rest of the night."
"Yeah," Luke smiled, pulling me even closer to him, "When I saw you dancing with him, I don't know I guess I just-"
"Got jealous?"
Luke laughed nervously, "Yeah."
I smiled, "You have me to yourself now. So what are you going to do?"
Luke smirked, "This."
His lips crashed into mine and I couldn't help but smile.