chapter 28

"Home sweet home!" James grinned, looking up towards the building looming over the seven of us. With our collected savings, and some extra help from James's family we had been able to lease a whole floor of the building, which included four apartments.

   "I am so not looking forward to carrying all our stuff up the stairs" Marlene groaned. 

  "That's the downside of living in a building with muggles," Peter commented. "No magic."

  "Well, we best get started," Remus said, turning to grab his first box.

 Up. Down. Up. Down. There were four flights between us and our apartments and the summer heat was not making the trek easier. After an hour of that, even Lily was complaining, which was rare. 

I gripped the edges of our final box and followed Sirius up the stairs and into our empty apartment. 

"Wow," I said,

"Wow, what?" Sirius asked. He had collapsed onto the sole piece of furniture in the flat, a worn brown leather sofa. 

"Wow, this is our very own apartment."

"Yeah shit's crazy," He was smiling.

I collapsed on the sofa next to him and tucked my legs under his. 

  "We still have to unpack," I sighed. 

  "And I'm starving, we need to go get some food," Sirius said.

  "And we have an order meeting tomorrow," I added another thing to our list.

"And I have a job interview."

"You do?" I asked. "Where?"

"At this record shop down the street," he explained. "Marls knows the owner, she got me in."

"That's perfect." 

  "Well, we better get to work" Sirius groaned, got up from the couch, and pulled me after him. 

   "I was thinking we could start in the kitchen and work our way across the house," I explained. "We can start with stuff we'll definitely need in the next couple of days and then add other stuff as we go."

   "Good plan." 

Sirius grabbed the box labeled 'kitchen' and brought it into the next room, dropping it down on the counter. I open the top and peered in. To be honest, I didn't know what half of this stuff was. My Mum, Sirius and I had gone shopping for the flat and my Mum took over the shopping. I started pulling stuff out of the boxes and trying my best to sort them in an organized way, while Sirius threw stuff where ever it would fit.

   Next, we moved onto the living room, where I ran straight over to the bookshelves that were built into the wall. I pulled a large box over and opened it to reveal all of my favorite books.

   "That's why that box was so heavy!" Sirius muttered. 

After the living room, we moved on to the bedroom and bathroom. Overall it took around three hours to unpack just the basics.  We still had odds and ends stuffed into boxes, but everything that we would need for the time being was placed out. 

   "I'm ready for a nap" I mutter as we settled back into the couch.

   "Me too" Sirius responded, pulling me to his chest.

   "We still have to get food" I whisper, already half asleep.

   "Nap first. Food later." Sirius said, rubbing slow circles on my back.

     We must have only been asleep for about twenty minutes before we heard someone knocking at the door. We didn't even have a chance to get up before James can bursting in.

    "It's only five! Why are you guys asleep?" he asked. 

    "Because we were tired Prongs, and for your information, I was having a very good nap." Sirius retorted. 

    "Come on we're all going to the store" 

    "Ok we'll be out in a moment," I said, sitting up.

     Sirius and I grabbed our coats from a box and met our friends in the hallway. 

It took less than ten minutes to walk to the store and we tried our best to make it in and out quickly but we ran into a couple of familiar faces. We saw Molly Weasely and two of her boys, the newly married Longbottoms and then the Prewett twins. When we finally made it back James and Lily announced that we were all invited over for dinner, and we headed to their apartment. 

   As we entered their flat I found it to be almost identical to ours, down the old sofa, which I took a seat on, followed by Marlene and Sirius on either side of me.

   "Anyone want to help me cook?" James called from the kitchen. 

    "I can." Sirius offered.

    "You can cook?" Marlene asked.

    "Are you doubting me? Of course, I can." Sirius laughed and walked over to help James. 

Lily plopped down in Sirius's vacant spot and started talking about our neighbors that she had met.  Peter and Remus had begun an intense game of wizards chess and Marlene was keeping running commentary on the game. Remus had just beat Peter when a large silvery Phoneix flew into the room.

   'What the hell is that?" I turned to see Sirius peering out from the kitchen.

   "No clue," Remus responded with a shrug. We all stared at it and then it started to speak.

   "Good evening." It spoke in Dumbledore's voice "I'm sure you're all a tad bit confused so let me explain. I have developed a new form of communication, using patronuses. I believe it will be quite helpful in the future. I hope to see you all at the meeting tomorrow. Goodnight." When the bird finished speaking it dissolved into nothing. We all just sort of gaped at the spot where the bird had disappeared.

  "Um well, dinner is ready!' James said, breaking the silence. 

James and Lily didn't have a dining table yet so we sat on the couches and used empty boxes as tables. 

  "I hope Dumbledore teaches us how to do that" Peter remarked. 

  "So do I," Lily said, "It's quite a good idea actually, I never would have thought of it." As the night went on our conversation turned to other things, we even started a full-on chess tournament. Lily won and Remus fell in second, no one was surprised though. At around eleven we all headed back to our respective apartments.

    With everything that we had done today, I felt as though I was sleeping on my feet. And based on Sirius's droopy eyes, he was feeling the same way. We both quickly got ready for bed. When I entered the bedroom Sirius was already lying down, half covered by the blankets. I looked at him lying there and it fully hit me that I would be doing this every night. It was a happy thought.

   "Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked.

   "Would you believe it if I said it was because you're very attractive?" 

   "Actually yes"

   "I was just thinking about the future," I said, walking over and slipping into the blankets. He placed his hands on my face pulling me in for a kiss. It was soft and sweet at first but slowly became more intense.

  "I love you" He whispered against my lips.

   "I love you more."

   "I'm not sure if that's possible," he said as I tucked myself into his side.

    "Goodnight Sirius"

    "Goodnight Maude"

everyone is so happy right now, and people have to start dying soon, it's making me lowkey sad

I hope you enjoyed this chapter 

xx anna

p.s. (like two year later) that was such a dramatic a.n. who did i think i was??