chapter 59

Sirius and I were in the sitting room when we heard a voice calling through the house. It seemed to be coming from the entry hall. Sirius and I exchanged a look before getting up and making our way towards the voice. 

We found it coming from a portrait that was normally empty but was currently occupied by a rather annoyed look wizard with a reedy voice. 

"Phineas?" Sirius asked, glaring at the painting. 

"I have a message from Professor Dumbledore," Phineas said in a bored voice. 

"What is it?" I asked suddenly feeling quite worried. 

"Arthur Weasley has been gravely injured, his wife, children, and Harry Potter will be coming to stay with you." Phineas recited the message in a monotone voice.

"I'll be delighted to have them- Wait what did you say about Arthur?" But by the time Sirius had voiced his question, Phineas had retreated back to wherever he had come from.

Neither Sirius nor I had any idea of what was going on so we were left to wait, pacing up and down the hallway.

Not even 5 minutes later Harry and the four Weasleys appeared out of nowhere. They had landed dangerously close to Walburga's portrait but thankfully hadn't woken her up. 

Sirius and I quickly rushed over to the kids who were still picking themselves up from the ground.

"What happened?" Sirius asked.

"The portrait said something about Arthur but did explain what happened," I said, giving Ginny a hand up.

"Ask Harry," said Fred.

Harry looked rather nervous but began to explain. Apparently, he had so sort of vision of Arthur getting attacked by a snake. He explained in as much detail as he could, but I could tell the boy was quite shaken. When he finished all of the Weasley children were looking quite worried.

"Is our Mum here?" George asked, breaking the silence that had fallen after Harry's story.

"Not yet," I said.

"I expect she doesn't even know what happened yet," Sirius muttered. 

"We have to go see Dad!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Guys I'm sorry but we can't go see him yet," I said.

"But he might be dying!" Fred protested.

"Listen, there's no explanation for you guys knowing what happened so fast. You would be endangering Harry and The Order by going to see him now." Sirius said sternly.

The twins protested quite a bit more, and Fred even made a comment about Sirius doing nothing to help, for a moment I think Sirius might punch the boy. but he managed to stay calm and convinced the kids to stay at least until we heard from Molly.

We made our way into the kitchen and Sirius brought out steaming cups of butterbeer and served them to the kids. The kitchen fell into silence, everyone seemed to have retreated into their own thoughts.

I was about to try and start some sort of conversation when there was a burst of fire above the kitchen table.  Everyone turned towards it and someone let out a cry of shock. A piece of parchment fell out of thin air, along with a golden feather.

George grabbed the piece of paper in a flash and unfolded it, his eyes scanning the page. 

"It's from Mum!" He announced, which earned him the attention of his siblings and Harry. "Dad is still alive. I am setting out St. Mungos now. Stay where you are. I will send new as soon as I can."

Silence fell around the table. Nervousness setting in again. No one moved from their seats, just sat and stared at the walls. I pushed my chair next to Sirius's and rested my head on his chest. As the night went on Fred and George fell asleep their heads resting on the table, Ginny was awake but hadn't moved a muscle, Ron was slumped in a chair and I couldn't tell if he was awake or not. And then there was Harry his eyes met mine every so often and I could tell he felt rather awkward at the moment. 

At some point, I must have dozed off because I Sirius was gently shaking me awake. I rubbed my eyes and glanced over at the clock, it was half-past five in the morning. 

I was about to ask what was going on when I noticed a very tired looking Molly Weasly standing near the door of the kitchen. 

"He's going to be all right," Molly said, her voice sounded strained. There was a collective sigh of relief from around the room at her announcement. "We'll all be able to go see him in the morning." 

"Wel technically Mum, it is morning," George remarked, making a half-hearted attempt at a joke. Molly gave her son a small smile before promptly collapsing into the chair nearest her. All of her children huddled around her, asking questions and giving reassurances. 

Sirius got up from his seat and started moving around the kitchen, starting to make breakfast. Sick of sitting around I got up and started to help. Soon Harry was up and helping out too.

With our combined efforts the three of us had breakfast ready in less than twenty minutes. We placed the food on the table and soon everyone was digging in. 

"Oh Sirius, Maude, thank you so much for all of this, you've really been a great help. I think Arthur will be in a while longer and I don't want to intrude-"

"Molly, your welcome to stay as long as you need" Sirius reassured her. 

Soon everyone had eaten their fill and were starting to make their way up to the spare bedrooms. Everyone was soon fast asleep, including Sirius and I.

When we woke up in the morning the Weasleys were already getting ready to go see Arthur. Tonks and Mad-eye had shown up to escort them to St. Mungos.

I had decided to stay behind with Sirius, not wanting to intrude on their family time. Soon they were headed out the door and Sirius and were alone in the house again.

 i tried my best not to quote the exact scenes from the book for this chapter, but it is pretty similar so sorry about that

i hope you're all enjoying the story

xx anna