chapter 46

"You're telling me what happened?" I exclaimed looking at a very worried Harry Potter.

  "Someone in the school entered my name in the Triwizard Tournament."

  "And you were chosen?"

  "Unfortunately."

"But your underage"

"Wait you believe me that I didn't put my name in?"

"Yeah"

"Oh thank Merlin." Harry looked extremely relieved. "Hermione believes me, but no one else does, not even Ron, the prat."

"Maybe he'll come around"

"Maybe" Harry sounded doubtful.

"When's the first task?"

"I don't know, soon."

"Are you ready?"

"I have no clue, I mean Hermione offered to help me of course, but I don't even know what I'll have to do." Harry looked more frustrated than scared at the moment. "Maude?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you come to watch the first task?"

•••

The stands roared with sound. I had never seen them so full, not even for the quidditch finals. When I told Dumbledore I would be attending he insisted that I sat with the staff, so here I was squished in between McGonagall and Dumbledore, waiting for Harry to come out.

I had gone to see him before the task started and he assured me everything was under control, but that was rather hard to believe when I imagined him facing the giant dragon in front of me.

All of the other champions had faced and defeated their dragons, Harry was the only one left.

Someone announced his name and then there he was. Harry took a step forward and the dragon let out a threatening roar, even from down here I could tell Harry was nervous. He picked his way across the rocks before settling behind a large one, out of sight from the dragon. The stands had gone silent, everyone watching him.

Harry pulled out his wand and I saw his lips moving, but he was too far away for me to hear him. At first, it seemed as if the spell he had cast failed, nothing happened. But then something sped through the air heading straight towards Harry. His broom.

When he took off into the air there was a loud cheer and I turned to see Hermione and the Weasleys, even Ron cheering loudly.

Harry flew higher and higher, trying to bait the dragon away from her eggs. All of a sudden he dove down at a crazy speed, the dragon blew a puff of fire at him and he pulled out of the dive just in time. A gasp escaped my lips and McGonagall grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly.

Harry repeated the maneuver diving down, the dragon blew fire again, which he dodged, but the dragon's tail whipped around. Smacking him in the arm. There was a collective groan from the crowd, but he didn't pull out of the dive. He took both hands off his broom and scooped the egg into his arms. Even from this far away I could see the huge smile that was on the boy's face.

I was on my feet clapping, so was McGonagall and all the Gryffindors. Not only had Harry done amazing, but he had the fastest time.

•••

I pushed through the heavy flaps of the tent and ran smack dab into Hermione who seemed to be on the way out.

"Oh sorry, Maude!" The young witch exclaimed, flashing me a bright smile.

"No worries" I glanced over to where Harry was, and next to him was Ron. The two boys were smiling broadly as if they had never been fighting. "Did they make up?" I asked, turning back to Hermione.

"Apparently." She shrugged.

"Maybe I should just leave them be then," I said turning back to leave. Even after all the time I had spent with Harry, I felt as though I was almost pushing myself on him.

"Maude," Hermione said reaching to stop me. "It meant a lot to him that you can today, and I'm sure he'll want to see you." Before I could respond Hermione gave me a gentle shove and I was making my way towards Harry.

"Maude!" Harry exclaimed, looking away from Ron.

"Oh hey, Maude" Ron offered me an awkward half-wave.

"Hey, guys! Harry that was incredible. How did you think of that?"

"I didn't, Hermione did." The boy smiled sheepishly.

"Of course she did. It was still impressive though." I smiled at him.

"Thanks!"

"Is your arm okay?"

"It will be. Madam Pomfrey fixed it up pretty well." Harry moved his arm slightly as if to prove his point.

"Not to interrupt but I'm going to head back to the castle." Ron inclined his head towards the exit. Harry and I said goodbye to him and he made his way out.

"Maude, have you spoken to Sirius lately?" I turned back to Harry, whose eyes were darting around the room to make sure no one was listening.

"I just sent him a letter the other day. Why?"

"It's just he keeps asking me about everything and making sure I'm okay. I'm afraid that if I tell him something bad he'll come back, and risk getting caught."

"I'll write to him again, tell him everything is okay. Everything is okay right?"

"Yeah, well besides the fact that someone but name in the goblet? Everything's fine."

"I'm not sure if he'll listen to me but we really can't risk him coming back, not for a while at least."

"I know." Harry looked lost in thought for a moment.

"Hey I'm sure you have some party to go to, we'll talk soon okay?"

"Yeah, great!"

sorry it took so long to get this one out, i've just been busy with thanksgiving and stuff
also i know sirius really isn't in this chapter at all but i promise he will be making an appearance soon!
anna <3