SEVEN

The light of the torches from the small cathedral shone on the golden cross of the altar where the Trinity stood.

“God Our Lord we offer you the body of Father Carden who carried your word throughout all these lands, purifying the evil that haunts us. Lead him into your light and help us advance in your fight” Abbot Wicklow said in a deep voice.

Sister Iris stormed into the cathedral in silence and waited for their prayers to be finished.

“And out of darkness always comes a light” he continued pointing at her, “An avenging angel who will annihilate the abominable Blood of Wolves Witch. Sister Iris is our angel, our protection against the demons that are on Earth. We will make the world a family where all men love God and--”

“Amen!” Cumber, the self-proclaimed Ice King, interrupted sarcastically tired of hearing them pray.

Sister Iris shot him a cold look and walked to the altar to announce the great news.

“Nimue is dead” she said without hiding his joy.

“At last divine justice has been done! And the sword he carried?” asked Abbot Wicklow.

“Sir?”

“The demonic sword. Where is it?”

“The magician Merlin now has it in his possession, sir. He has massacred several honorable men of the Church with rays from hell” Iris replied.

The abbot clicked his tongue disapprovingly.

“I want the wizard's head. And I want that sword.”

Sister Iris nodded, bowed slightly, and turned toward the exit with a firm step. Upon that news, the hoarse voice of the Ice King echoed off the cathedral walls addressing the Trinity.

“Gentlemen, the time has come. We did our part and now it's up to you to do yours.”

“You didn't stop the ships full of Fey” replied Abbot Wicklow, “therefore you do not deserve our help.”

“We tried and still a deal is a deal, right?” he said frowning.

The abbot paused before answering.

“I don't think so” he joked with a slight smile, “perhaps if half your pagan army hadn't been women now the Feys wouldn't be on the run.”

King Cumber's face clouded as he saw that the Trinity would not help him get the Pendragon throne.

“Any one of those women would cut off your head without difficulty and put your eggs nailed to the door of this cathedral!” he exclaimed sullenly.

Abbot Wicklow was speechless when he heard the unseemly and rude words of the viking king turning his back on him as he heading for the exit.