ELEVEN

The reflection of sunlight in the water simulated precious pearls in balance floating without worry.
Merlin and Morgana had just discovered Nimue's whereabouts on the lake shore when Kalek, the advisor to the Leper King, surprises them.

“Who you are?” Morgana asked in amazement finding no answer.

“Has your king sent you? Don't he dare to come in person?” Merlin said mockingly.

“King? The King Uther?” the puzzled widow asked.

The old woman grunted due to her wrong words.

“No, Rugen, the King of Lepers” he answered.

“Your Majesty has a message for you wizard” began the old Kalek in a husky voice.

“What message?”

“The Blood of Wolves Witch is in our power, His Majesty promises that she will be safe and sound if you promise to come and deliver the sword of the First Kings to the king. You alone.”

Merlin considered the offer that the counselor offered him and accepted without hesitation.

“All right, I'll give the sword to his majesty. I promise.”

Morgana surprise by the acceptance of that promise stood in front of the magician and replied.

“Merlin, I know you are worried about Nimue but are you sure to give him the sword?”

“The sword seeks a sovereign” he said hugging Morgana farewell.

“I'll go with you Merlin.”

“No. He may need you” he murmured a few words in her ear as he secretly handed her the Sword of Power.

The widow looked at him puzzled and a mob of lepers came out of nowhere, towed Merlin to the cave of the King of Lepers.