TWENTY THREE

Along the cobblestone road to a town cathedral, Sister Iris was hurrying to speak with Abbot Wicklow and tell him all that had happened.

“Sir” she said kneeling before him keeping her gaze on the ground.

“What are you doing here? Are you already bringing me the wizard's head or the demonic sword?”

“No sir. There is something you should know.”

“What happen?”

The sister's eyes shifted from the stone floor to the abbot's face.

“The witch is still alive sir and the ungodly Weeping Monk now fights with her and the Feys.”

The veins about to explode on the abbot's face showed his fury growing. Taking a breath, he raised his right arm and one of the men of the Trinity approached Sister Iris, who was still on her knees, and grabbed her arm.

“You said the witch was dead. You have lied to the Church and you have lied before Almighty God” he said.

“I did not know. I'm sorry” Iris replied with great regret her head bowed to the ground, “Forgive me I beg you.”

“You will have to pay for your ineptitude, my daughter” he said coldly watching her from above and continued looking at the man of the Trinity, “Take she away! Whip her” he ordered the man.

“Sir, I will amend it!”

“I know, but now you must absorb your sins and receive God's forgiveness.”

Sister Iris nodded without resistance as the man lifted her off the ground, leading her out of the small town.