FIFTEEN

The landscape veiled by the mist that was over the sea made it impossible to see anything beyond the ship.
Red Spear set course for an island called Avalon in order to prevent the Trinity or Cumber, the King of the Ice, from following them.
On the other hand, Arthur had just learned that Pym had prevented the Vikings from throwing him overboard.

“I'm glad you stopped them” Arthur said with relief.

“Don't take it into account. They thought you were dead and that's why they were going to throw you into the sea” Pym replied with a nervous laugh.

“Didn't they first think of waking me up?”

“Well... maybe they just wanted to have fun.”

Pym roared with laughter and Red Spear watched them silently. The nostalgic reunion made them forget all the problems for a few seconds.

“Are you a viking healer now? I knew you were with them but I didn't know you were in charge of curing them” Arthur continued.

“You know, having adventures...”

“Either way in days of war, I must admit that your help has come in handy” Red Spear intervened offering Pym those unexpected words that made her smile.

As the crew laughed and said nonsensical things due to alcohol, Arthur was daydreaming looking at the wooden planks of the ship's deck when Pym gave him a worrying look before asking.

“You miss Nimue right?” she looked up at the infinite sky and continued, “I also.”

“I just hope she's okay, we don't know anything about her.”

Seeing his reaction the girl realizes that Red Spear is staring at him searching for the right words.

“That woman must be important to both of us” the viking finally said after a few seconds.

“Nimue is our friend. Well my friend indeed” she corrected, “Arthur is her boyfriend.”

At that last sentence he gives her a withering look in silence.

“Did I say something wrong?” Pym said naively.

“We're not dating... or so I think.”

“So you think? Are you or are you not her boyfriend?” Red Spear asked intrigued.

“I still don't know what to call what we have” he end abruptly with a nervous tone.

Pym looks curiously at the conversation and at the young viking woman who had a strange demeanor of what seemed like a mixture of envy and nostalgia when she suddenly turned her back on them and headed for her cabin door.

“Tomorrow we will disembark!” she yelled as she left.

“Disembark?” Arthur asked in surprise.

“We are too many and we will need more supplies if we want to reach the island of Avalon” she concluded sharply slamming the door.

The crew turned to that door that seemed to have been closed by the force of a grumpy giant.

“What happened? Have I done something wrong?” he asked surprised.

“Who knows. Vikings have a strong and passionate character. You better get used to it” Pym replied shrugging her shoulders.