TWENTY

In a small port surrounded by white and modest houses, Red Spear and company disembarked in search of provisions in order to continue the journey towards Avalon. What Arthur did not know was how they would obtain these supplies.

“Is this necessary?” he said with disgust watching as they looted.

“What did you expect? They're vikings” Pym replied nonchalantly as she stretched after the long journey.

The vikings stole food, clothing and everything that glittered. Arthur disagreed decided to return to the ship refusing to collaborate.
After a few minutes, Pym was startled when she heard someone calling her from a distance at the top of his lungs. Slowly she directed her gaze towards that voice recognizing a person she did not expect to see there.

“Aaron?” she said strangely as she approached him, “What are you doing here? You're a long way from Hawksbridge. Are you following me?” she asked annoyed in an accusing tone.

“No, of course not, Pym!” he answered nervously, “I am trading with corvallo.”

“With what?”

“With corvallo. It is a good place to trade these types of fish as the locals love it. It can reach up to 70 centimeters in length, has a curved back and its belly is a beautiful silver color.”

The girl rolled her eyes disinterestedly as he explained the boring characteristics of the fish.

That young fishing man, who had been in love with her for a long time, helped Pym in the past when she hid in one of his sheds after the village was burned at the hands of the Red Paladins.

“And what are you doing here?” he continued, “You disappeared from the port on a ship.”

“Living adventures!” she said proudly but when she saw that he wasn't surprised she added, “And I'm a viking healer.”

“It sounds interesting and dangerous. I knew you would do important things, It's what I always told my mother but she never believed me and she denied it.”

Pym laughed for a moment at those words when she noticed for the first time that wet young man surrounded by those smelly fish seemed a bit cute.

“It seems your mother is still just as nice” she said wryly as he smiled sheepishly, “I'm sorry I didn't thank you before I left, Aaron. You were very kind to help me when the village caught fire, but now... I have to go.”

The girl was about to go back to the ship when he stopped her.

“Will I see you again?” he asked enthusiastically.

“Maybe.”

Blushed and with a slight smile on her face, Pym walked away from that young man.