My Ward (👨‍⚖️ NSFW)

You sat at your piano, content and peaceful. You played softly, you didn't like playing the piano but when you were little your guardian, Judge William Turpin, had taught you.

You took your hands off the piano, you missed those times with him. Now it was like he didn't even know how to talk to you. You sighed softly and laid your head on the piano. "God Turpin..." you scooted the bench back and stood, smoothing out your dress. You sat on your windowsill and watched as people walked by.

A man sat at the bench outside your window and stared up at it, he smiled as he made eye contact with you. You giggled softly and waved, he smiled and waved back.

It was then that your birds started to chirp for their lunch. You gasped softly and ran to your desk, grabbing some bird seed and filling their food bowl up, "My golden finch..." you sighed softly and rested your head on the cage.

There was a soft knock at the door and you smiled, "Come in!" You fixed your hair and looked at the door. Beadle Bamford gave you a creepy smile and you cringed and looked away, "What is it sir?" 

Beadle smirked and stepped into your room, "The Judge requests your presence in his study at once Ms. (Y/N)."

You sigh softly and walk past him, deliberately avoiding any contact with him, "Creep." You spat, going down the stairs.

Beadle grabbed your shoulder and got close to your ear, "That's no way to talk to a gentleman." You cringed and tried to continue to walk but his grip was tight. "I command you to let me go at once." You shivered, just wanting to see Turpin.

Turpin stepped out of his study and looked at Beadle he took a few steps and was directly in front of you, almost stepping on your crinoline. He stared at Beadle with his stern eyes. Beadle slowly took his hand off your shoulder and walked out the front door.

Turpin turned around on his heel and went back into the study. You fixed your dress and followed after him. "You wanted to see me sir?" You look around his study, you hadn't been in here often, but when you were little Turpin used to read to you while you fell asleep. He had a hard exterior but boy was he a softy when you were kind to him.

He nods and picks up a book, "Your favorite if I do recall correctly." You looked at the cover and smiled a bit, "When I was a child... yes..." it was  Midsummer Night's Dream. A book of romance and new adventures.

"Your taste has changed?" Turpin raised a brow at you, you smiled softly at him. "I'm a woman now... things have changed. I enjoy tragedies like McBeth and Hamlet!" You sat down on the sofa in your usual spot.

Turpin put the book back and got a new one. "Sixteen is far from a woman, young one." He mumbled, bringing you a new book.

"Well I mean... I don't think so..." you whispered, grabbing the book from him, you were at the age of consent. "Othello?" You tilted your head and ran your fingers along the spine delicately.

"It's one of my favorites. I need to get you off of the mainstream Shakespeare. It'll help your education."

You smiled and looked down at the book, you were one of the few women in London that knew how to read, or so Turpin told you.

Turpin watched at you examining the book and tilted your chin up with his finger, "If the Beadle ever lay a hand on you again like I happened to observe today then inform me."

You sighed softly and nodded, "Yes sir..." you stood and held the book under your arm. You kissed his cheek softly and walked up the stairs to your room. You hopped onto your bed and screamed in excitement into your pillow.

You giggled and sat on your bed, "Oh!" You ran towards your door and then stopped yourself. "No... he couldn't possibly let me..." you sigh softly and sit back on your bed, you took your clothing off, down to your corset and chemise. You stretched, reaching to untie your corset. Your fingers struggled and you sighed, giving up, the knot you tied this morning was too tight and there was no hope.