Dadzawa and Grumpy Candy Canes

After everything that happened the night after the USJ incident, mine and Aizawa's relationship had completely changed. It was a little bit more awkward every time I saw him, of course, -- I couldn't stand anyone seeing me in such a vulnerable state, and he was no exception -- but still, I couldn't help but feel as though it had changed for the better. He wasn't knocking the door down every time I took more than five minutes to get ready or following me all around the apartment with that seating gaze of his anymore. Instead, it felt almost as though he trusted me. It had been a while since I'd felt that, and to be completely honest, it was absolutely amazing. Still, that feeling couldn't last forever. Soon, my day off would be over.

Soon, I would have to go back to school.

I was curious, though, about what would happen when we all returned. Shinso's speech must have had some sort of effect on them, right? At least, that's what I was hoping.

"(Y/N)! School!" Aizawa's voice shook me from my thoughts.

"Coming, Dadzawa!" I shouted back, grinning widely as I popped out of Aizawa's room -- the man in question still hadn't allowed me to go back into my own room until it was finished being repaired.

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that," he grumbled, barely even casting a glance towards me before tossing my apple for the day.

"If you prefer, I could always switch to just dad," I said casually, taking a large bite of the delicious fruit.

"Not a chance."

"Then don't complain," I shrugged, skipping out through the door ahead of him. Just as I had passed him, I caught the ghost of a smirk resting on his face out of the corner of my eye, and my grin only widened even further. I knew he loved it.

We walked together to the school in a comfortable silence -- something that I had learned since the USJ incident would simply never be going away. I wasn't sure if the man was uncomfortable showing affection or if this was just the only way he knew how, but he seemed to be much happier sitting in silence than forcing a conversation. It was a much nicer silence than the awkward ones I was used to, filled with stares and worries of filling the air with pointless conversation, though. It made me feel at ease.

Soon, we'd arrived at the school, and it didn't take long for me to notice the change in the usual routine. I glanced curiously over at the tall, sleep-deprived man beside me as he continued to walk me through the halls, but he didn't even acknowledge the unsaid question. Finally, I'd had enough.

"Aizawa, I'll be fine," I sighed. "I've gotten through every other day just fine without a guard dog, and I don't need one now."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," He shrugged, not even glancing down at me.

"Then just go to the teacher's lounge like you always do." This time, I caught him casting a side glance out of the corner of his eye. "I promise, I'll be just fine on my own," I added reassuringly. Aizawa paused a moment before finally nodding, turning on his heel to leave without another word.

I smiled slightly as I watched the man leave, my heart full and warm. He was actually starting to like me, whether he wanted to or not.

I took a quick breath and walked the rest of the way to my class. My hand hovered over the door, my stomach suddenly feeling much more queasy than I thought it was. Time to see if they had actually changed at all since the attack. Before I could do anything, though, a presence appeared behind me, and I turned to see Todoroki towering over me like a massive, grumpy candy cane.

"Sorry," I said quickly, moving out of his way. He didn't step inside, though. Instead, he took a small step closer to me.

"You are not a member of the League of Villains," he said, more as a statement of fact than as a question. Still, I wanted to answer it.