Canadian Flag Rejects and Anime Speeches

I rushed forwards into the alleyway just in time to catch the tail end of Midoriya explaining Stain's quirk.

Stain launched a dagger forward, and I immediately reached out with my quirk to change the trajectory just a bit. Luckily, Todoroki had already dodged enough that my added help managed to keep the dagger from touching him at all. I sprinted forward and kicked as hard as I could at the villain's torso, but he jumped away before the attack could land, Todoroki's ice forcing him even further back.

"Todoroki, support me from the back!" I screamed, chasing after the villain before my classmate could have the opportunity to protest.

"Todoroki, (Y/N), just stop it!  Why are you doing this?!" Iida screamed from his place on the ground. "His fight is with me! I inherited my brother's name! I'm the one that should stop him! The Hero Killer is mine!"

"Would you shut up?!" I snapped between panting breaths as I continued to do my best to fight the terrifying man who'd already tried to kill me once before. "The only thing you're doing right now is bringing shame to your brother's good name! So quit it with all this stupid revenge stuff! I don't have the time to listen to your selfish little breakdown!"

The sickening grin that made my stomach churn each and every time I saw it spread across Stain's face, his eyes glinting as he stared down at me, slashing at me over and over with his many knives. Luckily for me, though, Mirko was an insanely good teacher, and she'd taught me more than just a few tricks in the past few days -- namely how to integrate the platforms I'd developed into my fighting style more and effectively my opponent from being able to pinpoint me. "Baby hero? I was just talking about you. I didn't know I'd be seeing you again so soon," Stain practically purred as he attempted to stab me, which even with the help of another burst of Todoroki's flames, I was only just barely able to jump out of the way of in time. Wait, did he just say he was talking about me? Wasn't he with the League of Villains before this? What exactly were they talking about? Whatever it was, there was no way it could be a good thing. "Tell me, are you still lying to all of your little hero friends?"

...Oh crap.

Todoroki's eyes widened, his head whipping towards me. "So you are a villain after all?" He growled. Before anyone could blink, a massive wall had formed between me and Stain, and I had been thrown backwards by the sudden force. The moment I landed, I was completely encased in ice, only my head free so that I could still breathe. I groaned at the impact, blinking through the haziness that had accompanied my head smacking against the pavement.

"Todoroki, why?! She was helping us!" Midoriya grunted.

"You heard what he said!" Todoroki shouted back. "She's been lying to the heroes!"

"What kind of a dumbass just takes a villain's words at face value?" I snapped, glaring over at the Canadian Flag Reject.  Of course, it's not like his ice could actually hold me, but that wasn't even the real issue here.  The worst part about this stupid misunderstanding was that no matter what decision I made, I was essentially screwed.  If I broke free of the restraints, they would see it a threat — my fighting back considered proof that his words were true.  On the other hand, even if I pretended to remain captured, there was no way the heroes would let me off the hook when these three idiots told them what Stain just said. I'd have to prove that I wasn't evil yet again for even just the hope of them listening to me — not that they likely would anyways.

"You can explain yourself later," Todoroki hissed back.  "For now, it would be better to stay safe than sorry."

"You rookies get distracted far too easily," Stain growled, slashing through the wall of ice like a piece of tofu and flinging two throwing knives into Todoroki's left arm. My eyes widened when I noticed he wasn't aiming for either of us but instead was going for Native.