Internships and Rabbits

According to Aizawa, Nezu was the one who pushed the issue of me actually participating in an internship, which really only served to make me even more nervous than I already was.  Nezu was ridiculously smart.  In fact, when I first met him, I was almost positive that the only reason he sent Tsukauchi to interrogate me was so he could have definitive evidence to show the other heroes rather than actually trying to confirm my story.  It felt more like he already knew exactly who I was, which was terrifying enough, but at least it didn't seem like he thought I was going to be a threat any time soon.

"You have everything with you, right?" Aizawa's somewhat concerned voice broke into my thoughts.

"Yup," I responded curtly.

"Your costume? And all of your clothes?" He prodded further, his brows stitched together.

"Yes, Aizawa, I have everything," I chuckled, rolling my eyes up at him.

"Alright, fine, I'll shut up," he grumbled, turning away. "Just... try not to cause too much trouble, alright, kid? Your internship was decided on by everyone in the UA staff. So, you should use this opportunity to show them what you're made of." I nodded a bit, doing my best not to focus on how unbelievably nervous I felt. If I were to look at things in a nicer light, at least the staff seemed to trust me a bit more now. Maybe it was because of what happened in Hosu. Either way, at least now I was being allowed to take the train on my own. "Now, would you hurry up already? You're gonna miss your train."

"I'll see you in a week," I grinned up at him reassuringly before rushing off, just barely stepping off the platform in time for the doors to close.

It only really took a few minutes for the train to arrive in the new city and even less time for me to arrive at the destination given to me. My hands shook ever so slightly as I stared up at the building.

If the whole staff came together and decided on my internship, then Aizawa and Nezu probably vetoed the worst of the others' picks, but the same could be said about them vetoing Aizawa's picks. Which is why their final choice made perfect sense.

When I originally became a fan of the series, I really admired Mirko. Her self-made past and her take-no-shit attitude ended up making me root for her every time she appeared. But it was those factors that made her also have a very strong sense of justice, and considering how she usually hated working with any other heroes, she probably didn't offer to take me on just to help me out.

I really hated this. I'd already been so disillusioned by everyone I've met from the moment I got here. I didn't want another one of my favorite characters to look at me with distrust -- or even worse, hatred -- in their eyes.

"Are you just going to stand outside all day, or are you going to come in?" I flinched and spun around to face the source of the voice. There she stood, in all her rabbit-themed glory. "(L/N), right? Or I guess I should be calling you Oasis. You should call me Mirko. Come on, we don't have much time," Mirko brushed past me nonchalantly, barely even sparing me a second glance as she did. Quickly, I nodded and followed after her into the building. I didn't have any more time to worry about this. The fact was I was here now, and I couldn't do anything to change that.

"I'll be honest with you, Oasis, I don't exactly trust you," Mirko hummed as she continued down the hallways at such a fast pace that I practically had to jog just to keep up. I bit my lip to keep myself from visibly reacting to her words. If I said anything, I'd probably just end up making things worse. "That being said, I don't really agree with how UA has been handling your situation, either. You may have been a villain before, but it's just stupid to turn you into an outcast. Instead, I'd rather show you the benefits to being a hero." I nodded slightly, not trusting my own voice not to shake, should I try to speak. Great, so there was another hero who thought I was a villain. At least she didn't seem to be another Vlad King who would try to arrest me every chance she got, though.