Villains and Powerful Quirks

I fidgeted nervously, picking at the skin around my fingernails as Thirteen gave their speech. I had to decide what I was going to do. Would I let things run their course or would I try to help Aizawa and All Might? Either way, I was going to have to decide quickly, because Thirteen was almost finished speaking--

"Stay together and don't move!" Aizawa's voice shook me from my trance. My entire body stiffened as I watched the portal open up in the center of the USJ. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears at the reality of what was happening. Oh, god, I couldn't do this. I couldn't fight real villains. They were gonna try to kill me! I just... I couldn't do it. Aizawa and All Might were going to win with or without my help, anyways.  I should just focus on staying safe.

As I watched Aizawa jump over the railing and make quick work of the 'Shooting Squad,' trying to ignore the twisting in my gut, I felt a hand wrap around my upper arm. I turned in shock to see Iida.

"Where do you think you're going?" Iida snapped.

I blinked in surprise and glanced down to where I'd taken a few steps forward. Suddenly, my mind cleared, and I knew in that moment what I had to do. I snatched my arm back from the new class rep and sent him a harsh glare. "He needs help," I said. Iida took a slight step back in surprise, and I used that opportunity to follow my teacher over the railing and into the sea of villains.

"What are you doing?!" Aizawa shouted as he continued to fight off the group of villains.

"Helping!" I shouted back, using the water from the fountain to wrap around one of the villains about to jump on his back. Aizawa glanced at me before nodding a bit, and both of us got to work fighting the villains.

I didn't have a whole lot of experience with my quirk -- in fact, all I really knew how to do was what I had done during the battle training -- but I figured out some fun things rather quickly. For instance, I could find water almost anywhere I wanted, including robbing the nearby plants of their water and gathering it straight out of the air. I could also use the water I had gathered both to wrap around people like a rope and to whip them, and if I only used the water existing in their skin and muscles, I could even pick the villains up and throw them away. I could even use their own blood to squeeze their pressure points and make them pass out, but I had to be much more careful with that one if I didn't want to tear a vein, so it took a lot more concentration than the others.

Before long, Aizawa and I stood alone, panting just slightly at the workout. We both looked up to see Tomura Shigaraki running towards us. "Final boss," Aizawa growled, throwing his capture tape and rushing towards the villain. He yanked on the capture tape and threw his elbow at Shigaraki's gut, but Hand-face only caught it. My eyes widened, and I ran forward, gathering the water around me to attack as Aizawa grunted in shock when his elbow started to disintegrate. I growled and threw the water at Shigaraki, smacking him in the face before jumping and sending a hard kick to the side of his head to get him away from Aizawa. I glanced back at the teacher, worried. His elbow was still injured, but clearly not as much as it was supposed to have been.

Three villains attacked us at once, forcing me to back off of Shigaraki for a moment. The two of us took them down without much difficulty, ignoring Shigaraki's stupid speech for the most part. "I can't believe you two are still standing!" Shigaraki laughed dryly. "You really are so cool! Oh, and by the way, hero... I am not the final boss." My stomach dropped at his words, and I whipped around. But I was too late. Before I could even blink, the massive Nomu had grabbed Aizawa by the head and slammed his face into the ground.

"Oh, god," I gasped in horror. There was so much blood.

The Nomu screeched, and I took a step back, stumbling over my own two feet. Shigaraki launched into another stupid speech about Aizawa's quirk, but I wasn't paying attention. Nomu had started to twist Aizawa's arm back mercilessly. My eyes widened, and before I knew what was happening, I had started screaming, using my quirk on the thing's entire right arm. I tore it away from Aizawa, but I had panicked and used too much power, and the arm had gone flying off. I stared in pure, unadulterated fear at the blood which splashed over my costume. The massive bird man screeched again and turned to me, his arm already regenerated, causing my heart, which had climbed into my throat, to drop straight to my shoes.

"Nomu, change of plans," Shigaraki growled, staring at me in anger. "Get the girl."

In a fraction of a second, the thing was in front of me. I gasped and threw my hands up reflexively. The Nomu screeched again and struggled forward. I stared in shock, my fear increasing ten-fold as I watched the bio-engineered creature actually separate itself from the water molecules in its own body, ripping the skin on the back of its arm apart just so that it could get to me. It managed to grab me with its massive, clawed hand, and I screamed as it threw me across the clearing. I could feel a couple of my ribs snapping as I slammed into the brick wall and rolled back down to the ground, but Nomu was already standing over me by the time I had reached the bottom. I gasped and reached out, not even bothering with trying to hold it this time as I threw it as far away from me as I could in a panic.

I looked up just in time to see Shigaraki's hand centimetres from Asui's face. Oh, god, was Aizawa even still awake? What if he'd passed out when Nomu came after me? I have to stop him!

I reached a hand out to stop him, but before I could do anything, a massive black hand grabbed my own. In my fear of Shigaraki, I had completely forgotten the massive bird thing. I screamed out when it closed its fist, crushing my entire right hand in the process. It then picked me up and threw me, sending me plunging into the lake.

As soon as I stopped, I struggled to stand back up in the shallows, my knees shaking and clutching my hand to my chest. I glanced over at my three classmates and let out a soft sigh of relief when I saw them standing together. Midoriya's fist was against the Nomu's stomach, and Asui was trying to get him out of the way in time with her tongue. Most importantly, though, Asui was ok. Shigaraki's quirk hadn't worked on her, which meant Aizawa was still awake.

I glared at Shigaraki through my soaked hair, my entire body trembling in anger. "That," I growled, my voice shaking in the effort it took to keep myself standing. I could feel power coursing through me as the waters of the lake lifted, flowing and crashing around me. I raised my left hand to wipe the blood that had gathered on my lip. "Was a big mistake."

With a single jerk of my chin, all of the rushing water at my command flew towards Shigaraki. Nomu rushed over to stand in front of its owner, but the currents were too strong and both of them were blown back by the force. The two villains flew across the clearing, skidding to a stop just barely before hitting the wall.

"(L/N)," Midoriya said softly, looking at me in awe. I coughed a bit, my entire body shaking like a leaf, and caught sight of the bit of red that flew out of my mouth again. It must've been the broken ribs.

Shigaraki growled in frustration. "Nomu!" he snapped. The bird creature immediately started rushing back over. I frowned and pushed back the pounding headache and the feeling of my mouth as dry as a desert. I must have been reaching my quirk's limit, but that didn't matter right now. I had to protect them. I had to make sure they were safe.  I would do everything in my power to keep them alive, even if it killed me

Then, everything stopped when a massive crash rang through the building. I felt relief start to flood my body as I looked on at the one man I needed to see right now.

"Have no fear, students." The large, blonde, unnaturally buff man stated firmly, a heavy scowl resting on his face. "I am here!"