Mid Rank Goons and False Confidence

"You fake heroes only care about yourselves and your glory. We'll purge you from this world!" Spinner shouted as he charged forward. Well, the man — lizard? — had a point there. Wait, no, not the time to think about that. Spinner was still focused on Mandalay, which was good. All I had to do was sneak past them without anyone noticing. Should be super easy, right?

I did my best to make sure my steps were light as I made my way around the outskirts of the fight. I had just managed to make it all the way behind Magne when Tiger punched her in the face as hard as he could to protect his teammate. That meant both villains were currently being occupied. This would be my best chance to slip into the woods.

I took another step forward only for lizard man to land in front of me, an angry smile stretched across his... snout? "You were another one of the children to keep Stain from spreading his good word," he muttered lowly. "I truly wish I could kill you right now, but Shigaraki made our position regarding you abundantly clear. I am not to harm you until we have brought you — er, until you have returned." A slight frown tugged at my lips, confusion filling my chest. That was a really weird thing to say. What did he mean return?  Return where?  And why correct himself like that?  I didn't have much time to think about it, though, as Mandalay returned with a kick to the lizard man's face.

Run! Her voice appeared in my head, sending a shiver down the back of my neck. I've never had my brain invaded like that before, and I was not a fan. Right now, though, I had some slightly more pressing concerns, so I shoved the feeling aside and started running, any regard for inconspicuousness flying out the window.

The moment I'd made it into the trees, I swept my quirk outwards. I was definitely tired, but this much was needed for me to accomplish anything. I couldn't afford to waste time by wandering around aimlessly. It didn't take long for me to find what I was looking for, either. The majority of people were safe and running away from the villains. There were, unfortunately, a few exceptions, but that much I had already expected.

Quickly, I started racing in the direction of the ones who looked like they were in the worst position. There were two bodies running in the exact opposite direction of the others, but my guess is those were Kendo and Tetsutetsu getting ready to fight the smoke villain. They would be able to handle themselves. Right now, the ones in the most danger were the ones currently being pursued by a very large, monster-like shape.

Everyone in class A and class B! In the name of the pro hero, Eraserhead, you are granted permission to engage in combat. I repeat. Use your training. You may fight these villains. It was Mandalay's voice again, cutting deep into my brain. I smirked widely. That message had come just in time. Listen, we've discovered two of the villains' targets. A student named Kacchan and a student named (Y/N). (Y/N) and Kacchan, you should try to avoid combat. And stick to a group. I hope you can hear me!

So they were looking for me, too, huh? That definitely wasn't good. Is that what Spinner meant by return? As in return to the base, because they were going to try and kidnap me, too? Still, something about his phrasing made me uncomfortable.  Well, at least now it was pretty obvious that I wasn't the one who brought them here, right?

I sprinted out of the bushes and tackled the green monster currently chasing two of the students. The moment he landed, I wrapped some ropes around each of his limbs, holding him against the ground, and then grabbed all of the water in his body to hold him in place. Immediately, I started punching him as hard as I could in the face.

"Pass out, pass out, pass out, pass out--" I muttered under my breath with each punch. If the Nomu at the USJ had been any indication, this thing wouldn't have very much regard for me holding him down and would probably break free. I needed to render him unconscious now. I wrapped a rope around his neck and tightened it, continuing to punch until my arms grew exhausted. Finally, after what felt like forever of this, the thing went limp.  I highly doubted it would last very long, but it should be enough to provide the others the time they needed to escape.