Dehydration and Curry

We were all up bright and early the next morning at Aizawa's demand.  All around me, my classmates were yawning and attempting to stretch the remnants of their sleep away.

"Good morning, class!" Aizawa's voice rang out painfully loud in the silence of the early morning.  "Today, we begin a training camp that will increase your strength.  Our goal is to increase your skills exponentially so that each of you earns a provisional license.  This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness.  Proceed carefully."  He tossed a softball forward.  "Look alive, Bakugou."  Said boy caught in on command, casting a curious gaze at the ball.  "Try throwing that for me."

"Yeah, sure," he responded, unimpressed.  "Like in the fitness test."

"That's right.  When you first started school, your record was 705.2 meters.  Let's see if you've improved."  I could almost see the smirk beneath Aizawa's scarf, and I rolled my eyes to myself.  He was such a drama queen, even though he would never admit it -- the man lived for the flare of dramatic reveals.

"Oh, I get it!  You're checking our progress!" Mina shouted excitedly.

"A lot's happened to us in the last three months," Sero added.  "Maybe he can throw it a whole mile now!"

"C'mon, get it, Bakugou!" Kirishima called in an effort to cheer on his friend.

A wide smirk crossed Bakugou's face.  "I've got this," he stated, absolute confidence in his tone.  "No one blink.  Go to hell!"  I had to cover my mouth with my hand so that I wouldn't laugh out loud.  He was gonna be so pissed when he got that result back, wasn't he?

"That was 709.6 meters," Aizawa said calmly as he held up his phone, which proudly displayed the numbers he just gave.

"That's it?" Sero asked.  "Kinda disappointing."  A soft snort escaped at that, and I hunched over further, my shoulders shaking with the effort of not laughing.

"You've had a single semester at UA, and due to your various experiences, all of you have definitely improved.  But those improvements have mostly been limited to mental prowess and technical skill.  With a slight increase in stamina thrown in along the way.  Your quirks haven't really grown that much stronger -- not on a fundamental level."  I fell silent while the teacher explained the reason behind the only slight improvement in Bakugou's throw.  I still hadn't forgotten that look he gave me yesterday.  "That's why we're now gonna focus on improving your powers."  A wide grin stretched across his lips.  "This'll be so hard, you'll feel like you're dying.  Let's hope you all survive."  I gulped harshly in an attempt to clear the lump that had formed in my throat.

He was pointing directly at me.

---

Once all of the students had been set up with their exercises, Aizawa was pointing at me again.  "(Y/N), with me!" He called out, already walking away.  I could feel my stomach churning as I jogged after him in an effort to keep up.  It wasn't long before we were standing at the edge of the nearby cliff, facing each other -- him with a twisted sort of excitement and me with the most apprehension I'd felt in a very long time.

"You are different from your classmates," he started, glancing me up and down.  "While their biggest issue as of right now is a lack of strength, yours is a surprisingly large lack of stamina.  Don't think I haven't noticed how quickly you strive to end all of your fights, making sure to use your quirk as sparingly as possible as you do."  I winced just a bit at that.  I had thought I was being relatively inconspicuous about it.  Evidently, I was wrong.  "You act like you only started using your quirk a few months ago -- as if your body hasn't adapted to it yet.  So today we're gonna fix that.  What's the most amount of time you can use your quirk at once?"