New Theories and Dirt Monsters

The entire class was gathered outside of the high school in front of Aizawa for his introductory speech, and as usual, I wasn't paying attention. Instead, I was focusing on how interesting my nails seemed to be right now. They'd become chipped during my recent training, breaking every time I threw a punch a bit too hard.  I should really be more careful when I was training.  Then again, I highly doubt that would actually accomplish anything when sparring against Bakugou, considering his explosions would probably wind up damaging them anyways.

"(Y/N), you should come on our bus and get away from that class of jerks!" Monoma shouted, forcing me back to reality with an elbow leaning on my shoulder.

I tried incredibly hard to keep myself from smiling too widely, but it didn't seem to work very well. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Vlad King burning holes into my uniform and Aizawa's deadly gaze focused right back at him. That was the first time I noticed that 1-B and 1-A were acting incredibly distant from one another, too. I'd changed a lot more about this world than I'd realized.

"I don't think that's the best idea," I shook my head slightly. "We're going to the same place, either way. It'd be better if we don't make things too complicated." I doubted Vlad would allow me anywhere near that bus, anyways. It'd be better to just avoid the conflict.

I boarded the bus along with the rest of the class, immediately making my way to the very back, and laid myself down across the five seats stationed across the back of the bus, my eyes fluttering closed.

"Woah, lucky!  Man, I wish my seat was last, so I could lay down like that!"  I cracked my eyes open to see Sero leaning over the back of his seat, a wide grin on his face.  I narrowed my eyes slightly, a tiny frown appearing over my lips as my stomach started twisting. I couldn't figure out what his motivation was, and I didn't like it. I couldn't figure out why he was trying to talk to me.

"I'm sorry, but could you please be quiet?  You're giving me a headache," I said, the polite words a sharp contrast to the coldness in my voice.  Sero's smile dropped, and he quickly spun back around to face the front.  Well, that was about par for the course.  I still don't understand why he would try talking to me if he was just gonna be scared the whole time.  They never wanted me to respond, so why bother starting the conversation? There's gotta be some sort of hidden motive. Like when Yaoyorozu was trying to make herself feel better after Kendo yelled at her. So what was his?

I sighed and forced the topic out of my mind, doing my best not to worry about this for now — I'd pushed him away, so I should be fine. I draped my arm over my eyes in an attempt to block out everything around me, which was rather difficult considering the rest of my class was talking as loudly as they possibly could. Still, it was something, at least, and right about now, I'd happily take any bit of peace I could get.  I only got about an hour to myself like that before the bus came to a stop, though.

I hopped off the last step and looked around the outside of the bus, blinking against the harsh sunlight of the outdoors with my water bottles in hand.  I'd made sure to bring along two of them for this very moment.  I spared a quick glance to the pussycat heroes — ugh, just thinking about that name made me want to cringe — before silently making my way to the fence, stepping over and onto the ledge. I turned and smirked, sending a mock salute at Aizawa, who was currently trying to hold back a small chuckle, before allowing myself to fall backwards off the cliff. I made a platform from the water in the bottles and slid down it long before class 1-A even realized what was going on.

I was actually pretty proud of this trick.  In simple terms, I was continuously replacing the front of the platform as I slid down like a kind of treadmill. Of course, it took more effort to constantly be moving the water like that, rather than a simple platform, but it would be a big help for when I had a more limited supply of water at my disposal, such as today.  I managed to make it about halfway through the forest like that before I felt the dehydration starting to set in.  There was no way I'd be making it all the way to the end like this, so I ended up deciding to just go down in order to conserve my energy for when I'd actually need to fight.  Besides, I had a few more things I'd been meaning to test out besides just my treadmill.