Nomus and Number One Heroes

I let out a sigh of relief and let the water from the lake drop around me. My knees finally buckled, my entire body deflating from the weight of my quirk. A strong arm wrapped around my waist and kept me from falling. I looked up in surprise to meet the eyes of Midoriya. He nodded at me solemnly, and I sent back a soft smile.

Suddenly, All Might had grabbed us and moved us far away from the villains. I yelped softly at the pain that started rushing through me from my ribs. "Everybody back to the entrance. And take Aizawa with you. He doesn't have much time." I nodded slightly, my left arm wrapping around my ribs and my right hand clutched to my chest. Carefully, I used the water surrounding Aizawa to gently lift him and set him down in the hold of Midoriya and Mineta.

"All Might, you can't," Midoriya said as I moved our passed out homeroom teacher, looking up at his mentor in fear. "That brain villain took One for--" he glanced at the three of us, eyes lingering for just a second too long on me. "I-I smashed him and didn't break my arm this time, but he wasn't fazed at all! He's too strong!"

"Young Midoriya!" All Might cut him off, swinging his arm back to quiet the young student. He turned and threw a peace sign over his eye. "I've got this!" Midoriya looked down and then glanced at Aizawa before simply turning to walk out. I took a deep breath and straightened, lifting my chin to meet All Might's eyes. "You too, young (Y/N)," the buff man said gently.

I shook my head, swallowing hard. "I can still fight," I stated firmly.

"Young (Y/N)--" All Might started.

"I promise not to step in unless you really need help, but..." I clenched my left hand stubbornly. "But I'm not leaving. Not until every last villain is defeated."

All Might glanced me up and down and just nodded slightly, turning back to face the only three villains still left standing. He raced forward, his arms crossed as he screamed, "Carolina..."

"Nomu," Shigaraki stated calmly, not even flinching as the number one hero rapidly approached him.

"Smash!" All Might finished, swinging his arms out to the sides and creating a massive gust of wind from the sheer amount of strength in his air slice. It didn't make much of a difference, though, as the Nomu stood unbothered before him. It reached forward, trying to grab at the man, who leaned backwards to dodge it. "Guess he was right when he said it had no affect on you!" he shouted, sending a punch flying at the thing's stomach, then two more at its face before jumping backwards. The two continued to go at it, All Might sending useless punch after useless punch while Shigaraki started bragging about his Nomu's power of shock absorption.

"Thanks for telling me how to beat him," All Might dashed around the massive bird and grabbed him from behind to lift him off the ground. "All I have to do is wear him down, and then it's on to you!" My eyes widened in panic at the familiar scene as he lifted the bird over his head and got ready to smash it into the ground.

"Hey, now," Shigaraki hissed as dust filled the clearing from the massive gust of wind released by All Might in his attempt at burying the monster.

Slowly, the dust cleared, revealing All Might and the bird monster which was still held tight in his grip, hovering just barely above the two portals that had opened beneath them. I fell to one knee, both of my arms shaking violently from the effort of keeping both unbelievably strong beings from going into the portal. As I held All Might suspended, though, the Nomu managed to bring its arms down, digging its claws into his sides. I gritted my teeth in frustration, my muscles burning at the strain being placed on them.

"Quite impressive, child. You were able to see my attack and react to it so quickly, though I had thought I'd hidden it quite well," Kurogiri's overly formal voice rose through the silence of the building. "The students at this school really are quite incredible."

"You were trying to bury him in the concrete so he couldn't move around anymore," Shigaraki taunted, amusement and cockiness laced through his voice. "Sorry, that won't work. Nomu's as strong as you are; that won't stop him."

All Might grit his teeth together and glanced at me. I nodded a bit and focused my powers on creating a barrier beneath him to support his back rather than hold him still so he wouldn't fall into the portal. He nodded back gratefully and let go of the creature to try and pry its claws from his weak spot. "If this is your best, then you picked the wrong place to attack," All Might grunted as he struggled to get the monster off of him. "You should just give up now!"

"Kurogiri," Shigaraki scratched at his neck.

"Normally, I wouldn't want blood and viscera flooding the insides of my warp gate, but I'll make an exception for a hero as great as you," Kurogiri said. The Nomu tightened its grip on All Might and forcefully broke through my barrier. It felt like he had ripped directly through my body. I screamed in pain and let my arms drop, unable to hold it any longer and let go of the barrier, allowing Nomu to flip itself so half of it was inside of the gate. "Since you're too fast to see with the human eye, Nomu had to restrain you." Nomu started slowly forcing All Might into the warp gate with it, his feet disappearing in the dark purple mist. "And once he's pulled your body halfway through, I'll squeeze the gate shut! I'm going to enjoy tearing you to pieces."

I have to stand up. I have to do something. I could have stopped all of this. I knew what was going to happen, and I was still just so useless. I at least have to help him get out of the mess I created!

My head snapped up at the sound of Midoriya's scream. Kurogiri immediately popped up in front of him. "How foolish," he tutted, creating another warp gate in front of Midoriya's outreached hand. I scrambled to my feet, fighting to find whatever strength I could. Before I could do anything, though, an explosion went off.

"Get the hell outta my way, Deku!" Bakugou screamed, grabbing Kurogiri by the neck armor and slamming him to the ground.

Ice rushed across the ground and enveloped Nomu's entire right side. I whipped my head around to see Todoroki standing there calmly. "One of your poorly trained thugs told me you're here 'cause you think you can kill All Might," he stated casually. The ice stopped just at Nomu's wrist, finally giving All Might the opportunity to pry the claws away from his sides and jump away. He grunted and placed a hand over the red stain sitting on his shirt.

Kirishima screamed and jumped at Shigaraki, but he stepped away just in time. "Damn, that was gonna be cool," the redhead complained.

"Guess I found your body that time, you smokey bastard," Bakugou smirked.

"The symbol of peace will not be defeated by delinquents like you," Todoroki stated, ignoring his rather loud classmates.

I took a shaky breath, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes, as I was filled with an incomparable relief. They were all here. I didn't have to fight alone anymore.