Pop Rocks and Bird Brains

About an hour later, lunch was already over, and I was smirking lightly to myself as I continued to scribble away in my notebook.  Nearby, Kaminari, Mina, and Sero were all breathing sighs of relief over the fake information I'd just fed them.  I guess they actually bought it.  This was good.  It meant that all I really needed to focus on was studying and making absolutely certain I passed.  I would be going to that training camp if it killed me -- if for no other reason than to at least make sure that my friends made it out ok.

"Seriously, how have you managed to get this far?! Didn't you place 6th in the midterms?!" Bakugou slammed his hands down on the desk, and I groaned, burying my head in my hands. Aizawa had given us a bit of free time, which meant it was blasty boy's turn to tutor me -- we found out pretty early on that it was almost impossible for him and Iida to work together, and because I ended up needing a lot more help than we originally thought, we decided to have Bakugou tutor me during our breaks and Iida after training.

"I just suck at history, ok?" Actually, the only thing I really sucked at was Japanese history -- the only subject at this god-forsaken school that I didn't cover back in my world. Math, science, literature, and especially English could only be described as a cake walk, considering I already knew everything for them. Japanese history, on the other hand, was about as familiar to me as nuclear physics, and now I was working on catching up to about ten years' worth of lessons I'd never received, not to mention the fact that some of that history was literally made up by Horikoshi. "It's not my fault I lost my memories," I muttered, laying my head all the way down on my arms.

It was quiet for a moment, and I glanced up in confusion to find Bakugou slack-jawed as he stared back down at me. Had I not told him about that part yet? ...Oops.

"Look, it's not that big a deal, ok?" I sighed, resting my chin in my hand in an effort to be as nonchalant as possible. "I just can't remember anything before showing up in UA. That's why I was enrolled late."

I started reading over the textbook again, doing my best to ignore King Explosion Murder's unrelenting gaze. I'm not sure if it was a side-effect of everything that's happened so far, but I absolutely despised being stared at like that. It made me feel like every move I made was being carefully scrutinized for villainous intent, despite the fact that I had come to realize by now that Bakugou couldn't care less about any of that. Maybe it was because he figured he could just beat me if I ever did become a villain. Yeah, that sounded about right.

"Look, it's not that hard, ok?" His voice was softer now, and I peaked back up from the text book. "You're obviously pretty damn smart, right? Well, this is just memorizing shit. I know you're at least decent at that. Here, there are some mnemonics that should be able to help here." I blinked and slowly nodded as he started rambling off about a thousand different memory aids for the unit we were studying. I guess this was how he always placed so high during our exams, then. And surprisingly enough, they were actually helping.

A few minutes later, the both of us glanced up at the sound of the bell chiming, causing Bakugou to return to his seat as Aizawa announced the end of the class and gave us yet another warning about the approaching final exams.

I let out a soft breath and stretched my arms out. Just one week left.

"And you, too, puddle bitch."  My head snapped up at the almost growling voice.  Oh, was Bakugou challenging Midoriya and Todoroki again?  But why did he say my name?  I tilted my head curiously up at the boy, my brows furrowed.  "I will kill you in the rankings.  So prepare yourself."

I grinned widely and nodded. "I look forward to it, pop rocks!"  I called out as he stomped away.  Quickly, I turned back to my notes, pouring over them endlessly.  I had to make sure I passed.