Oscar-Winning Performances and Press Conferences

**Minor spoilers ish? Idk it's like very briefly mentioned. Also I don't read the manga and even I knew about this but I figured I'd throw the warning in anyways**

My eyes slowly fluttered open, the blurry details surrounding me taking their sweet time to clear themselves up.  When they finally did, I found myself grinning widely, a loud, humorless, barking laugh slipping past my lips.  I wasn't in their main base, that's for sure, considering the lack of a bar.  They should only have three places they could have taken me to, right?  I wonder which one this was.

"I see you have awoken," Kurogiri was the first one to speak up.

"Well, aren't you Sherlock fuckin' Holmes," I deadpanned, finally ceasing in my obnoxious laughter to stare at them coldly.  "Care to tell me why the hell I'm all tied up?  I went with you all willingly, didn't I?"

"I'm not sure I would call that very willing," Dabi snarked from the corner of the room where he leaned against the wall with his arms over his chest.

My eyes snapped over to him in annoyance.  "Your roots are showing," I bit back.  Immediately, the man stiffened, his hands clenching as he got ready to come at me more threateningly.

"Please do not be so hasty, Dabi," Kurogiri called out calmly.  "This is our newest recruit, after all."

"You should really listen to your babysitter if you know what's good for you, staples," I hissed, my muscles tense as I sent him a sharp glare.

By the way, in case you couldn't tell by now, I was acting my ass off.  Really, I was absolutely terrified of every single person in this room -- hell, if Toga took too little or too much of a liking to me, I could be dead before anyone had the chance to object.  But who ever heard of respecting someone who's scared of you enough to keep them alive?  These people, as much as they were mistreated by society and scarred by trauma, were all killers.  If I wanted to have any hope of making it out of this base alive, I would need to somehow convince them that not only was I not scared of them but also that I would be joining them.  And I had to do it all before the heroes could get here and whisk me off to jail.  After all, I'd just officially become a traitor by coming here of my own free will.  My only option now was to run as far and as fast as I could and hope no one would find me.

"Watch your mouth, little mouse," Dabi growled, returning my glare full-force.  "Remember who's tied up here."

"What, you thought these little ropes could hold me?" I rolled my eyes, flexing my fingers from where they were restrained against the arms of the chair.  "I was the one who cut Stain out of his restraints back in Hosu.  The only reason I'm still in this chair right now is for a show of good will out of the kindness of my own heart.  Even if I couldn't escape, though, it would take nothing more than a jerk of my chin to sever your carotid, so quit acting like a tough guy and back the fuck off, will ya?"  Dabi grit his teeth together, anger flashing through his eyes, but he managed to restrain himself, leaning back up against the wall.  I smirked.  "Good dog."

"Ooh, I really like her!" Toga squealed, bouncing up to me. "Can we please be best friends?!"

"Anytime, princess," I chuckled, glancing fleetingly at the girl who seemed to be about my age and doing my best to ignore the glint of the sharp dagger strapped to her side.  "Now, I'll ask again. Why the hell am I all tied up? And where's your crusty little figure-head?"

"Our leader is currently trying to recruit your friend at a secondary location," Kurogiri answered.  He must've been talking about the main base.  "And as for the ropes, they were simply a... precautionary measure.  We were unsure whether or not you would be willing to cooperate once you arrived."