Ch. 1

'How did we get here so fast?' (Y/n) asked herself as the two climbed up a hill, the kingdom in sight. She looked around as she tried to retrace her thoughts of the journey they just did, 'didn't we just leave the village and gone down the path?' She asked herself.

Merlin scoffed lightly as he say the girl walking backwards, "you're walking like a headless chicken" he commented.

(Y/n) turned her body back forward once she realized how she was walking, "I'm just enjoying the nature, it's so much greener than back at the village" she told him as she caught up, some space between them was lost as she was thinking.

He nodded his head, "it is pretty, but we need to be on our guard, we did pass the border" he said as he reminded her.

She rose an eyebrow at that, "on guard?" She questioned as she began to think of why they needed to be on guard. Her (e/c)'s slowly widen as she remembered his secret, "right...magic" she muttered quietly in case anyone heard.

Merlin sighed before looking up at the sky, "I wish we didn't have to hide, we're just normal people with abilities" he commented as he looked at the clouds.

She nodded, 'seems like him having magic is more of a burden than I realized' she thought as she moved her hand and grabbed his own, gaining his attention as he moved his head to look at her, "don't worry Merlin, nothing bad is going to happen to us and if someone finds out I'll just fight them" (Y/n) told him as she released his hand and grabbed her now flexed arm.

A slight snort was heard from him before he started laughing, "like you can fight anyone, you're so small" he pointed out, causing the girl to feel annoyed for some reason.

Her lip turned into a snarl as she lowered her arm, "I'm barely shorter than you, I can beat your-"

"We're here" Merlin announced with a smirk.

"Uh?" (Y/n) snapped out of her anger and saw they were walking up to the small town surrounding the front of the castle. "Whoa" was all she said as she was seeing the different kinds of people and they way they had to work for a living, 'this is so different than watching'

The two walked their way passed the village and made their way to the secured part of the castle. The guards that were patrolling the front didn't question them as they walked passed, which was a stress reliever for the (h/c) girl as she released a sigh of relief but it quickly changed to one of confusion.

Inside the courtyard was a gathering as someone was kneeling with their hands behind their backs.

"Thomas Collins, you are found under treason for working with magic, this sentence you to death!" A deep voice catches their attention. The two looked up to see the king of Camelot himself, Uther Pendragon.

'God the first execution of the show, I can't watch this' (Y/n) thought as she looked back at the poor boy, who was just about her own age, prepare for himself getting his head chopped off. Unconsciously, she grabbed Merlin's sleeve and as she moved her head to look at the ground, wanting to avoid witnessing the event in person.

Merlin turned to look at the (H/c) girl and grabbed the hand on his sleeve, giving it a squeeze to somewhat relax her.

Uther signaled the executioner, the person in the black hood raised their ax and brought it down on Thomas Collin.

A scream catches the attention of everyone in the crowd. An older women screams as she made her way to the front, her clothes were brown as her gray hair was crusty just slightly passed her shoulders.

"Thomas! Thomas!" She screamed out the boy's name as she sobbed slightly. Guards came up to her to calm her down when she turned and glared at Uther. "Mark my words Uther Pendragon! You will pay for the death of my son, and for your hatred of magic! Mark my words!" She yelled at him before vanishing in thin air.