Ch. 30

(Y/n) grabbed her cloak and pulled it towards herself as knights ran passed her in a rush, she examined the clothing and released a sigh of relief as there was no damage done to it. She looked back to where the knights had come from, "what's today commotion?" She asked out loud as she lowered the fabric back to its original state of hanging.

The (h/c) haired girl was out shopping for new clothes, since she's still trying to figure out how to hand wash her clothes. She bought herself a new light purple cloak to wear, a few pieces of coins but it was worth it as it helped her feel more fit in.

When she made her way back to the castle's main ground, she noticed the gates were starting to rise up. With the knights kinda knowing who she is, she was allowed to pass by as the gates reached the top.

'Did something happen? And what happened to those guards that passed me?' She thought to herself as she saw that a few people were on edge.

'Emrys'

She stopped in her tracks as she heard the name whisper in her thoughts.

'They're going to find me, help me Emrys'

"Mordred" (Y/n) muttered the name as she looked around for the young boy, she remembered him wearing a green cloak when he was first introduced. Her eyes widen slightly as she saw the familiar green trying to hide from people's sight.

'Emrys!'

"I'm so glad I bought this cloak, it covers my body just how I like" she said semi loud as if she was lost in her thoughts.

The little boy looked to his side in panic at the new voice, he stared at the (h/c) haired girl with widen emotionless eyes.

She gave him a side eye before looking at the cloak that she picked up, "I'll get you to Merlin if you'll trust me" she whispered as she held the cloak open bit, as if to urge the boy to get inside.

Knowing this will be the only option he'll get without getting spotted, Mordred quickly moved himself so he was in the cloak. (Y/n) closed it so it hid the boy while looking somewhat natural. The two of them then made their way to where Merlin was standing, he ushered the two in while trying his best to not look suspicious to the knights that were roaming the court yard.

"Quick! We have to hide him" Merlin told the (h/c) haired girl as they rushed to find a hiding spot.

"Morgana's room, that's the best place for him" (Y/n) told him as she held onto Mordred's hand to help him move faster.

The boy said nothing to them as they moved through the castle, avoiding the guards as they made their way to the lady-in-waiting's room. When they got there Merlin was the one to open the door as (Y/n) and Mordred followed behind.

"What are you doing?" Guinevere asked they barged into the room that her and Morgana were in.

The raven haired boy closed the door behind him, "we need a place to hide him" he told them as (Y/n) took the boy to hide behind a screen.

Morgana looked at the two, "why do we need to hide him?"

"The knights are after him, we can't let them get to him or else they'll kill him" (Y/n) answered her as she sat on the ground with the boy next to her.

"For wha-"

Morgana was cut off as there was a knock at the door. She looked at the boy, a look of pity could be seen on her face as she looked at him. Taking a breath in, she made her way to her and opened it.

There were two knights standing at the door, "sorry to disturb you M'lady, but a child excused of sorcery has snuck into the castle, have you seen them?" One of the knights asked her.

"A child?" Morgana asked as she looked back to Guinevere, "no I don't think we have seen a child yet today" she shook her head as she look to the knights.

"Let us know if you see them, have a good rest of your day" the knight told the girls before walking away from the bedroom. The raven haired haired girl closed the door behind them as Merlin and (Y/n) let out a breath of relief.

Morgana then made her way to the two behind the screen, "everything is going to be alright now, they're gone" she spoke to the boy in a calm tone.

Mordred didn't say anything as he looked at her, eyes slightly widen as he blinked at her.

"Doesn't speak much does he?" She asked as she noticed his behavior.

The (h/c) haired girl looked at Morgana, "do you have anything medical? He's wounded" she asked her, surprising the three in the room.

"Wounded?" Morgana looked at Mordred's appearance, her eyes once again widening as she saw his green cloak turned a darker color near his side. She turned to look at Guinevere, "get me a rag, quick!"

With a nod, she moved to the water bowl next to the bed and grabbed it and the rag before moving over to the three of them.

(Y/n) looked down at Mordred with a soft smile, "are you alright with us taking care of your wound?" She asked for his consent.

Mordred just looked at her, not saying a word.

'Do I need to speak telepathically?' (Y/n) thought to herself as she wasn't comfortable with how he was looking at her.

It took him a minute before he nodded his head, that was all the girls needed before taking care of his wound. (Y/n) was the one to lift the shirt just above the wound so that Morgana took clean the wound with the rag, she glanced over at Merlin, who was looking out the window. It seemed as if he was watching something in the courtyard, it had his whole focus as he looked out there.

"It'll be okay, we'll take care of you" Morgana gave Mordred a kind smile, but he gave her a blank on in response.

'I feel like something is suppose to happen' the (h/c) haired girl thought as she wasn't liking how everything was comfortable in the room.

"Whatcha looking at Merlin?" (Y/n) asked him to see what was happening out there.

He looked back at her before glancing the kid sitting next to her, "it looks like an execution of sorts, I wasn't aware of any today" he said as he looked back to the window.

'Mordred's scream' she looked at the boy with slight widen eyes, it widened more as the brown haired boy looked back at her. Without her knowing, the teenager by the window turned his head as the execution had start.

Mordred turned from looking at (Y/n) and released a loud scream. The glass in the window and anything else in the room broke as the boy screamed. Everyone covered their eyes as scream soon started to let up, Morgana and Guinevere looked around confused as they didn't know what had caused the breakage.

But Merlin and (Y/n) looked at each other with widen eyes before looking at Mordred, who looked at Merlin with expressionless eyes as he took in deep breath.