Ch. 26

"This is a mistake" (Y/n) mentioned as her and Merlin watched from the window as Gaius walked to the castle gate. Now back in her regular attire, she was annoyed that she had to watch her mentor walk away as if it was normal.

The raven haired lad nodded his head, "I don't like it either but he came to term with it, maybe having Edwin as a physician won't be so bad"

She turned to look at him with disgust, "are you serious?" She asked as she was shocked to hear that come from him.

He shrugged, "he's not a bad guy (n/n), plus he can use magic so maybe I can learn something useful from him"

Was he serious? And here she thought that Merlin wasn't as oblivious as he seemed to be in the series. She fully turned her body toward him, "dude! Isn't it kinda suspicious that Edwin appeared soon as Morgana is gravely ill? Like nobody but those who were there knew about her condition so how did someone outside the castle find out? Also who cares if he knows magic, that doesn't automatically make him a good guy"

"Why can't you trust people (Y/n)? He hasn't done anything bad to not be trusted"

"Whatever, I'm gonna go see if the Almight Edwin need anything now that he's my boss" (Y/n) rolled her eyes before walking out of the room, no longer in the mood to let anything slip passed her. 'Stupid Merlin! How can he be alright with this?! Gaius is basically his father and he just chose a stranger over him' she stomped to the new physician's room as she tried to cam herself down, only to make herself more angry.

She knocked on the door and announced, "yo Edwin, I'm here to see if you need anything"

"Come in" his voice could faintly be heard from the other side.

She went ahead and pushed in the door, her eyes landing on the blond lad who was at the long table of his. Closing the door behind her she made her way over to him, "so, got anything for me boss man?"

He looked over at her before going back to where he was doing before she entered, he moved a hand to point at a piece of paper, "since you've been studying medicine with Gaius previously, why not have you do something else" he said all vague as he moved his hand from the paper.

(Y/n) grabbed the paper on the table and read it's content, "what are these?"

"Spells"

Her eyes widen as she moved them off the paper and onto Edwin, "you want me to study spells?" He nodded his head, "but I barely have any magic"

That's when he shook his head, "that spell you chanted before is one of a harder level, you have more then you're letting on" he than gestured to a bottle of sand, "why not try the first one"

(Y/n) returned her attention to the paper once again and read the first spell, "readan ax giotan"

The blue sand within the bottle didn't do anything at the start, but it did soon to slowly move out of the glass bottle and onto the table. Laying in a neat pile in front of the (h/c) haired girl who had slight widen eyes that it even worked.

"Now the second one"

Moving her eyes from the sand to back on the paper, "formien doost ronane"

Again like the first time, nothing had happen. Then it slowly started to move back into the bottle, leaving not a single grain on the table as it rested back to its previous position.

Edwin nodded his head slightly, "your pronunciation is off but you're understanding them is good"

A small laughing huff escaped her mouth, "man who would think I'd learn magic from the guy who's going off the king, what other spells are on this paper?" She asked as she scanned the spells on the paper, wanting to try another one already.