Ch. 13

(Y/n) was the first one to enter the quarters with Merlin and Gaius following behind. She aimed for her chair that she had left behind as Merlin continued to stand.

"I don't understand, why would someone use magic to harm others?" Merlin asked out loud as he turned to face the two of them.

Gaius lightly sighed before saying, "it's not that strange, magic has the compatibility to corrupt those who yield it, but the magic itself is neither good or evil"

(Y/n) nodded her head as she leaned back, "it's like being born in power, you can either let the power go to your head and be a bad ruler or learn that you can use it for good and use it for only that"

"Wise words coming from someone with their feet on the table" Gaius said as he knocked her feet of the table, causing her to go forward in her chair.

Merlin sighed as he took in their words, "if magic is being used to make people sick, maybe I can use my magic to help them" he suggested as the idea came to his head.

"Merlin, you know your-"

The door to the room opened to reveal Arthur and a few knights, interrupting Gaius from finishing his sentence. The knights walked passed him and started to search the room.

"Arthur? What are you doing here?" (Y/n) asked the prince as she turned in her chair.

"I'm sorry Gaius but father wanted everywhere searched, including here" Arthur apologized as he made his way into the room.

(Y/n) stayed in her seat as she watched the knights searched the room, while Merlin and Gaius were slightly in a panic as the boy whispered to him about the sorcery book being out by his bed.

Arthur made his way to the back and entered the room, his face shown confusion as he looked inside. He walked inside as a knight follows him behind, "what a mess" He said out loud as he looked at the room.

"If you haven't noticed princey, there's three people sharing one room" (Y/n) commented out loud as Gaius and Merlin made their way to the room.

Arthur rolled his eyes at the nickname as he started to walk around the room, talking to Merlin and Gaius instead of the (h/c) girl.

'This search doesn't help me with anything, I need more things to happen to figure this out' the girl thought to herself as she moved her attention to the book in front of her.

Arthur walked out of the shared bedroom and back into the main area, "this area is cleared" he announced to the remaining knights. With a nod to the prince the knights exited the room, but as Arthur followed he hits the back of (Y/n)'s head before leaving.

Her head with forward a bit before she lifted it and glared at the blond, "hey! What was that for?!" She shouted after him.

"For calling me that silly name" He nonchalante replied back as a small smirk grow on his face as he left the room.

"It's not nice to hit girls!!" (Y/n) shouted as a knight closed the door behind the prince. She huffed in her chair before she heard laughter behind her, she looked over her shoulder to see Merlin laughing as a smile was on Gaius' face.

"Merlin, I swear to the gods I'm about to poison you"

Merlin made a face at her before she turned around back to her book, he than look to Gaius, "you haven't taught her poison yet right Gaius?"

The physician looked at him, opening his mouth to say something but he closed it and moved from the teen.

"Gaius? You haven't right? Gaius?"

~Lil Time Skip~

(Y/n) had taken a book and moved to the court outside, Merlin was being too loud as he argued with Gaius about using his magic. She sat on the steps of the palace as she looked through the book, "medieval weather is actually nice, thought it be more muggy" she commented on the weather as she enjoyed the cloudy day.