Ch. 32

(Y/n) had a peaceful night, as much as she could when worrying about Mordred being found somehow. When she woke up Merlin was already gone, it was starting to become a normal thing at this point. With a change of the clothes she had left, she was ready to start with the nerves of the day.

The (h/c) haired girl walked out of the shared room and walked to where she hid her things for Mordred. With her own medicine bag, she  placed two bottles inside. One being a tea mixture and the other being a cream that Gaius has made for infection, it took a while to make it but it's done. Adjusting the bag on her shoulder, she made her way to Morgana's room.

'When someone asks me about my bag I'll just say I'm delivering Morgana's sleeping drought' (Y/n) thought of a reason in case she was stopped by anyone, 'also my legs are gonna look nice by the end of the year'

When arriving at the lady-in-waiting's door, she gave it the classic knock that everyone knows.

It opened to reveal a panic Morgana, "(Y/n)!" She grabbed her by the arm and pulled her in before closing the door, "we have a problem, the child has a fever"

She faked a look of surprise, "what? We can't have that"

"Merlin won't let me get Gaius, is there any way for you to help?"

She nodded, "there was a note left by Gaius that he wanted me to work on something for fevers and infections, I have a bottle of both with me" she said as she opened her satchel and pulled out the bottles.

A smile appeared on Morgana's face, "wonderful! I'll let you take care of him"

"Do you already have a bowl of water?"

She nodded, "Merlin had gotten one earlier" she motioned for the girl to walk over to the panting child.

"Good, that'll help with keeping it down" (Y/n) nodded as she bended down to rest on her knees.

She looked at the boy, her eyes turned to one of worry as she saw how hard he was breathing. Breathing through her nose before starting, first grabbing the cloth in the bowl. She twist it to get rid of majority of the water before folding it, then placing it on Mordred's forehead.

"I would like to help" Merlin's voice came from behind her.

She looked up at him, "sure, I plan to check his wound next if you wanna help with that"

Merlin was about to kneel down when there was a knock on the door. He stood back to his normal height as (Y/n) shimmed behind the screen and pulled it out a bit, making sure nothing would revealed her or the kid.

"Who is it?" Morgana asked behind the door.

"It's Arthur" the familiar voice of the prince was heard on the other side of the door.

Merlin and Morgana shared a look before she turned to open the door. A fake smile on her face as she opened the door to reveal Arthur, "Arthur! Why do I have the pleasure of you being here?" She asked him.

A guard is with Arthur as he walked into the room, "I've been in charge of searching the rooms in the castle, and that includes yours" he said as he looked at her. When he turned his head he was surprised to see Merlin in the room, "Merlin? Why are you here?"

"Oh? Morgana asked for a bowl and towel so I brought it for her" the raven haired boy somehow managed to come with a lie.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, 'this boy and his lies' she thought as she looked at the space in front of her feet. She then looked down at Mordred as she debated on continuing with taking care of his fever, her eyes shifted to the bag next to her thigh, 'I can't do anything without cleaning the wound'