Ch. 6

After the accident at the celebration, Gaius had informed Uther that he was taking someone to be his apprentice and a ward from his little sister. Knowing now that Merlin was a relative of the physician, he felt better he wasn't just letting some nobody work and protect his son.

Merlin, (Y/n), Gaius stood on the side line as the annual tournament was about to begin, they were next to the fighters as they walked to the battle field.

"Dang some of these fighters are kinda cute" (Y/n) commented as she watched the fighters go by.

Merlin elbowed her in the side, causing her to glare at him as she rubbed her side. "Since when were you into the fighter types?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm into any dude that has muscles and will let me cuddle with them" she replied as she looked back to the fighters, one caught her eye.

Valiant walked passed the trio with his snake shield in hand. He had an air around him that screamed tension, and not the good kind.

'Dang he's scarier in person' (Y/n) thought as all the fighters stood in rows in front of the King. She felt another shove to her side, "stop doing that!" She shouted at him, earning a hush from Gaius. She glared at Merlin as she rubbed her side once again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today before you stands are the strongest fighters from around the kingdom, they have come today to show their skills and take the title from our raining champion, my son Prince Arthur!" Uther announced as he gestured to the entrance where the fighters had came from.

Arthur walked out to the field, he holds his sword high as he smiled at the audience as he made his way to the empty spot in the front row. Valiant gave the prince a side eye before looking back to the king.

"With the ring of the gong we shall begin the tournament!" When he finished speaking, the sound of the gong was heard through the crowd. The fighters moved back to their tents minus two, who prepared to fight.

(Y/n) leaned in toward Merlin, "I have five pieces on Arthur winning" she betted on the blonde.

The teen looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "he's the raining champion, of course he's going to win"

A smug look appeared on the girl's face, "so you don't think he'll lose?"

Merlin looked at her with a blank expression before nodding, "five pieces he struggles during this"

"Oooh, ten pieces he sees a snake during a fight and kills it"

"Deal, only because that won't happen"

(Y/n) had to use all her strength not to laugh manically as the two shook hands, 'I'm about to be rich'

With each fight Gaius would take (Y/n) to the fighter's tent and have her stand next to him to be able to see what he does on them. Typically leaving Merlin to the sides by himself to watch the rounds go down.

As the two moved to go to another tent, Valiant walked by them. (Y/n) gave him a side glance as they walked by each other.

Her eyes traveled to the snake shield, 'I so hope he doesn't find me a threat' she thought with a gulp as she watched him go into the pit to fight someone.

Valiant's fight ended quickly, and with that Gaius was called to check on his opponent. With the sound of urgent in the voice Gaius told (Y/n) to go back to Merlin as he took care of the patient.

She nodded her head and walked out of the tents and made her way to Merlin on the sidelines. She quickly noticed the look of concern on his face as he watched a fight.

She poked him on the arm, "hey, are you alright Merlin?" She asked him in a soft voice.

Merlin turned his attention to her before looking back at the fight, "that Valiant guy, he seems to have something against his opponents"

She shrugged, "it's a fight, I think you gotta sike yourself up in order to fight against someone who could kill at any moment" she said as she scratched herself, trying to stop herself from telling him the truth about Valiant.

The brown haired brown nodded slightly, "I guess but, there's something strange with that guy, I don't know how to explain it" he told her as the victor of the fight raised their sword in the air, cheers from the crowd erupting from beside them.

(Y/n)'s mouth tilted as she turned to look at the two knights walking away from each other, "if you feel something's wrong with him than why not just keep an eye on him?" She suggested as she looked back at Merlin.

Who turned and looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "you want me to watch him?"

"If it makes you feel better yeah, plus you can see that cool shield of his if you do" she pointed as she recalled the semi cool design of the shield when it's magic wasn't activated.

Merlin couldn't help but shake his head as a smile appeared on his face, "maybe having you at the tournament was a mistake, you keep getting distracted"

(Y/n) looked at him with slight widen eyes, she than stuck her tongue out at him, "I go wherever Gaius is so if there happens to be cute guys and cool designs where he wants to go than I can't help it"

A hum comes from the lad causing him to get attacked by the (h/c) girl as she glared at him, causing him to laugh at her attempts.

A slight cough catches both of their attention, causing (Y/n) to stop attacking Merlin and turn around. A random guy was standing behind him, he doesn't look familiar so he had to be one of the servants working at the tents.

"I am here for (Y/n), Sir Gaius request your presence in one of the knight's tents" the guy said as he looked at Merlin, thinking he was her.

(Y/n) nodded, "I'll be there in a second" she told the guy, confusing him since he expected Gaius wanting a male instead of a female's help.

She turned to Merlin, "I'll see you after all this, don't do anything I won't do"

Merlin rose an eyebrow in a joking manner, "I'm not going to get distracted by knights" he joked, causing him to get hit in the arm.

"Ha ha, I'm poisoning your food tonight" she threatened before turning and following the guy to wherever Gaius was.

Merlin cupped a hand over his mouth, "you don't know poisons yet!" He yelled after her, knowing he was safe til she got to that chapter.