Ch. 16

It was like any day for our (h/c) haired heroine, wake up first thing in the morning and go study plants outside the castle with a herb book. Of course she argued with Gaius about going outside by herself, but the old man had to attended to Uther about something and Merlin had to take care of Arthur. Now tired and annoyed, (Y/n) grabbed the held out herb book and made her way to the greenery around the castle.

"Stupid plants, why can't I just be a healer with instant knowledge of everything" (Y/n) muttered to herself as she looked at the crouched down by the green and opened the book.

"See we have some normal daisies, always good to see a normal plant" she said as she looked at the small bundle of daisies.

She looked over to one of the trees and her eyes widen, "what kind of plant is that? Looks like worms" She asked out loud as she flipped through the book. Took her a minute as the sound of flipping pages surrounded the area, "ah, a Drosera Capensis or also known as a Cape Sundew, says it's a carnivore plant similar...so it's a fly trap somehow" she muttered the last part as she looked up to the plant, "it do be kinda cool looking"

She looked passed the carnivore plant and set her eyes on a little bundle of white flowers with a bright yellow middle, "now aren't you guys pretty" she complimented the plants before flipping the pages. It was a few pages from the last plant so that's a point for the bundle, "says it's a Min...Minuuuuartia? Minuartia Groenlandica! Yeah it's a Minuartia Groenlandica or also known as Mountain Stitchwort, it's actually a rare perennial which grows in clumps at the bottom...think they forgot to add more to that cause now I'm just imaging a personified plant being a bottom" she commented as she looked at more of the page.

Sounds of hooves snapped the girl's attention off of the book as she lifted her head to look over at the trail leading to the castle. She saw blue banners and knights wearing blue as they venture down the path and to the castle, she stood up so she could try to get a better look at who was visiting the castle. But the person who was on the front had already passed her, leaving her clueless.

"Maybe I should head back to Gaius" (Y/n) said to herself as she closed the book in a slow manner.

Knowing it'll look weird to follow behind the approaching arrival of a kingdom, she decided to go where she came from and go through the back entrance. She jogged slightly as she didn't want to full blast through the servants and knock someone on their butts, can't deal with that embarrassment for either of them. With a serve to dodge a lady holding a bundle of flowers, (Y/n) noticed Gaius walking down the hall.

"Gaius!"

"(Y/n)? Already done with your studies?"

The girl panted slightly as she adjusted the book in her grip, "it got cut off when a bunch of people arrived, is something happening tonight?"

He nodded his head, "King Bayard has come to sign a peace treaty with Camelot, a big dinner is planned as a celebration"

"King Bayard? Why does that name sound familiar?" (Y/n) asked out loud as the two of them made their way to wherever Gaius was heading too.

"Perhaps it was one of your visions?" Gaius asked in a quiet tone, Merlin wanted to let Gaius in on her ability to see the future so he wouldn't blame her like he did for the water incident.

She shrugged, "maybe, but I don't remember anything specific about this guy"

"Best to wait it out"

A sigh exasperated her mouth, "I guess, maybe something will pop out in front of me and I'll remember" she said as she moved to hug the book to her chest.

As they walked to wherever, the two of them passed a group of ladies as a few talked and some stayed quiet. A sudden shiver ran up (Y/n)'s spine as the two groups passed each other, Gaius looked at her with a risen eyebrow.