Ch. 24

Arthur had turned down Edwin's offer to help, but the strange fellow told him that he'll be at the inn should he be needed. The fellow then proceed to leave the two with his cloak following behind him. Arthur lead (Y/n) to the kitchen before leaving, him not saying much after the interaction. This left the girl to boil the water by herself, after telling the head cook lady why she was in the kitchen to begin with.

"What are you doing with that pitcher? You trying to steal wine in my kitchen?" The lady cook asked (Y/n) as she gave her a mean look.

She was quick to shake her head, "I'm trying to make some tea for the physician, I just need a stove for ten minutes"

The lady cook got rid of her mean look and replaced it with a raised eyebrow, "tea? It is 4 in the afternoon! Nobody wants tea at this time of day!"

"Actually 4 is a great time for tea, it can help calm you from the stress of the day" A glare was sent her way as she was quick to avoid eye contact with the cook.

A smirk appeared on her face, "well if the sassy lady wants to use a stove then she can use one outside the castle"

"But I wasn't being-"

"Leave my kitchen!" The lady cook yelled at her as she rose a hand that held onto a ladle, (Y/n)'s eyes widen as she was quick to turn around and rush out of the kitchen.

The kitchen door closed behind the (h/c) haired girl, she turned and glared at the wooden door, "rude! And here I thought she was nice to those who WANT to use the kitchen" she said as her nose scrunched. She then turned and made her way away from the area, "I'll just ask Gwen, surely then I can finally make some tea!" She exclaimed to nobody as she started to stomp her way out of the castle. "Wait" she stopped herself from walking through the doors that led to the courtyard, "if it's 4 in the afternoon then Gwen would be attending to Morgana right now even if her dad is on death's bed, I just want to make my stress free tea!" She shouted to the ceiling, earning some looks from passerby's.

(Y/n) was forced to retire back to the physician quarters with a now cold pitcher of flower water. When she was about to open the door, it slammed opened as Gaius rushed out of the room, clearly not seeing the now drenched (h/c) haired girl who had her mouth agape.

"Aw come on!" She yelled before huffing into the room.

She threw the pitcher onto the table as she marched to the shared room, luckily Merlin was gone so she didn't have to worry about be walked on. Putting on a new blouse and pants, she made her way out of the quarters as she wanted to know what had caused Gaius to run out.

She rolled her eyes as she tried to hold in her temper, "Edwin must've been called to heal Morgana, everyone is at her room" she talked to herself as she made the journey up the stairs.

As she had thought, everyone was standing outside Morgana's door. It has seemed Uther was afraid of the 'doctor's work as Gaius,Arthur, and Merlin stood there kinda awkwardly.

"Did I miss anything?" (Y/n) asked her question as she stopped walking in front of them.

Everyone's attention was brought into her, Arthur was the one who answered her, "the fellow you and I met earlier is here to heal Morgana, we're waiting for him to finish out here"

She rose an eyebrow, "the Edwin guy? The sketchy guy with what looked to be a burned scar on half of his face?"

He nodded.

The doors opened to reveal Guinevere walking out, Uther was quick to ask how everything was going. But only to be told that the guy inside asked her to leave.

Gaius walked over to the (h/c) haired girl, "so you have met this fellow?"

She nodded, "he walked up to Arthur earlier and offered his services to treat Morgana, kinda sus not gonna lie"