Chapter 22

Back to Jo's POV

He finally had the courage to look at you, so you met his gaze. He cleared his throat once again.

You stared at each other for a few seconds before you broke the silence, "So.. is that why you've been ignoring me? Because you thought I lied to you?"

He thought for a second before responding, "Um, yeah, I guess."

He didn't sound sure of his words, it's as if he had something else he wanted to say.

"Well, I wasn't. So now that I cleared that up can we go back to being normal again because I didn't like it when you ignored me. I know it was just for one day but I missed talking to you"

He smiled at your words and you saw him blush slightly as he nodded. You smiled back and rolled your eyes, knowing he was enjoying the fact that you admitted that you missed him.

He was still smiling when you looked back at him. "Wow, so you can't handle a single day without me?" he joked.

You let out a laugh and rolled your eyes again, "Oh shut up, don't let it get to your head"

Everything was good again. You got up, ready to say goodbye and leave, but Reid offered an alternative.

"Do you wanna watch a movie? I could make some popcorn"

If you were to go back home, you probably would've just spent the night binging Grey's Anatomy alone. You smiled widely as you nodded in agreement, "What movie?"

He smiled back, "You can choose"

You grabbed the remote as Reid left to make some popcorn in the kitchen. You browsed through Netflix looking for something you would both enjoy. You wanted to watch the horror thriller movie Clinical, but you knew Reid didn't like horror. Instead, you clicked on the movie Murder Mystery with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler.

You sat by yourself in silence reading the Netflix summary over a few times while waiting for Reid to come back with popcorn. A few minutes passed and Reid finally sat back down next to you with two bowls of popcorn. Obviously you couldn't share one bowl considering you're both germaphobes.

"Murder Mystery?" He asked when he glanced at the TV screen.

"Have you already watched it?" you questioned, afraid you'll have to spend more time searching for another movie again.

"No, but I've heard of it. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler star in it. You know, apparently, Adam Sandler's wife Jackie Sandler makes a cameo appearance as the flight attendant on the plane in one of the scenes"

You smile widely while he rambles on about the movie, enjoying it.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your rambles. I have no idea how your brain stores so much information but it's incredible" you say, wanting him to know you weren't laughing because you wanted him to stop but because you liked it.

A smile formed on his face as he blushed. "Thanks," he mumbled nervously. You were the only one who enjoyed when he did that and you always let him know. He appreciated that.

The movie begins and you watch silently, laughing every time the characters say something stupid or funny, which was quite often considering Adam Sandler was in it. Every time you laughed, you noticed Reid's gaze on you with a smile on his face.

"Stop staring at me, creep" you joke as you grab a piece of popcorn from your bowl and chuck it at him. The movie continues to play as he laughs at your childish behavior. He grabs a handful of popcorn from his own bowl and throws it at you, continuing what you had started.