Chapter 28

Back to Jo's POV

You opened your eyes, blinking groggily. You didn't recognize your surroundings and your head was pounding too hard for you to remember what happened. Surrounded by darkness, you attempted to move and get up from the chair you were sitting on, but realized your feet were restricted and tied to the legs of the chair. Your hands were behind your back tied by what you can only assume to be a rope by the material. You groan in pain as you try to struggle out of the rope and your memories slowly start flooding back.

The sound of gunshots echoed through your head, you remembered hiding behind a wall. Then you remember being in your bedroom, struggling to find your gun before an explosion threw you across the room. You were drugged with a needle. You heard a woman's voice before you passed out. She knew Spencer, she called him Spencie. Who the hell was she?

Interrupting your thoughts, white light immediately filled the room and your eyes squinted to adjust. After a few seconds, your eyes were adjusted and you took in your surroundings. A tripod was set up in the empty room across from you with a camera on it. Your chair was in the middle of the rectangular room and the door was on the wall to your left. A woman with brown hair and brown eyes leaned against the door next to the light switch with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Good morning, Sunshine" you recognize her voice as the woman you heard speak to you when you were drugged.

You tug on the ropes that held your hands, ignoring her words. She just laughed at your attempt to free yourself as she approached you.

"So," she spoke to you as if you were having a regular conversation, as if you knew each other, as if she hadn't just kidnapped you, "do you love him?" She stopped in front of you in a crouched position with an eager smile across her face.

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" you spat out at her.

She rolled her eyes at you as if you were stupid for not knowing what she was talking about. She stood up again walking towards the camera. You could tell she was a narcissist by the way she acted, but you had no idea what she wanted from you or why she kidnapped you.

You spoke up as her back was turned to you, "What do you want and why did you bring me here?" you didn't let your fear show in your voice because you knew she would only enjoy it.  Instead, you spoke in a calm manner.

She walked back over to you rolling her eyes once again. "Isn't it obvious? Spencie confessed his undying love to you," she emphasized dramatically, "but I interrupted you both before you had a chance to respond about how you felt. I'm curious, though," a grin appeared on her face once again, "What were you gonna say?"

You remembered that conversation. When he told you what you mean to him, you realized that you loved him too. You wanted to tell him you felt the same way. You wanted to tell him he was the only person who made you feel safe and loved. You wanted to kiss him again and never let go. But obviously, you didn't tell the woman in front of you that. Clearly, this kidnapping has something to do with Spencer. Who is she? She calls him Spencie, indicating she's familiar with him and was once close to him. You snap out of your thoughts realizing she was still waiting for you to respond.

"Why do you care? Do you love him?" You asked, turning the question around to her.

She smiled before leaning closer to your face and using her finger to lift up your chin so that you were now looking her in the eyes. "You're in no position to be asking questions," she whispered only inches away from your face. You scoffed at her words and disgust plastered across your face. She enjoyed watching you struggle, she enjoyed the power she currently had over you.

She left the room for only a moment and came back with something in her hands. As she walked closer to you, you realized it was a handgun revolver.

A wide grin appeared on her face as she noticed your reaction to the gun. You watched silently and fearfully as she walked towards the camera that was on the tripod, the sound of her heels clicking with each step. She clicked a few buttons on the camera and you saw a red light flashing, indicating that the camera was now on.

She smiled into the camera and winked before turning back to you, "Now," she spoke with the same smug smile on her face, "lets play a little game while your team watches."

Your gaze turned from her to the camera, you looked directly into it, knowing your team was on the other end watching. You didn't want them to worry, you didn't want to show how scared you were. You kept a blank face and tried to give the camera a look that said 'don't worry i'm okay'

The woman noticed you looking into the camera, she was amused at that.

You turned back to look at the woman, trying your best to sound confident and unphased, "Okay. I'll play. But first, I want to know your name and why I'm here."

You succeeded in sounding confident and demanding, but she only laughed at that. She came close to you once again and grazed the gun down your face, starting from the top of your forehead and bringing it's cool touch down to your chin. "I already told you babe, you're in no position to ask questions" she answered.

You continued to ask a question despite her comment, "Do you know my name?"

"Yes, Jo. I do" She smiled. This was the first question she had answered. This confirmed your suspicion that she was a psychopath and narcissist because she only responded to a question that made her seem like she had all the power and that she was smarter than you. She continued to speak, "Now, about our game. The rules are simple. I ask you a question. If you don't respond, I pull the trigger. There's only a single bullet loaded in the chambers, meaning 5 are empty and 1 has the bullet in it. Its up to chance whether the bullet is triggered or not," she held up her revolver and spun the cylinder as she explained, "I'm sure you know how Russian Roulette works though"

You knew you couldn't avoid her Russian Roulette game, so you nodded.

"Good girl," she smirked as she pointed the gun to your head. She looked into the camera before turning back to you, enjoying the way she's not only torturing you but your team as well by making them watch.

"First question. Whose kiss was better, Derek Morgan or Dr. Spencer Reid's?" she asked as if you were two little girls at a sleepover gossiping about boys, amusement in her tone.

Your head jerked up to look at her, shocked that she knew details about your personal life, "What?!"

Her head fell back as she laughed at your reaction, the revolver still pointed to your head. "Oh come on," she rolled her eyes, "I know quite a lot about you, Jo Blaise. Your life is pretty fucking boring if you ask me. All your problems seem to stem from men," she rolled her eyes at the mention of men. So far, you knew this woman was a narcissist and a psychopath, and you knew she seems to have a problem with men. You began to profile her in your mind as she continued speaking. Considering her hate for men, her problems may stem from early trauma with her father. He most likely abused her or left her at a young age. She was comfortable holding the gun, almost holding it like a toy, so she definitely has used one to kill before.

You didn't realize she was still speaking to you as you were too busy in your own thoughts trying to profile her with the little information you knew. She, however, noticed that you weren't paying attention and grew angry. Your thoughts were interrupted by the sudden pressure of the cold gun against your cheek, which had turned red now. You winced in pain at the hit, but at least she hadn't pulled the trigger of the gun.

Her voice was louder now and her tone carried anger, "Pay attention when I speak to you, Jo."  

You decided to push her limits to see what she would do, it was risky but it would give you more information about her character, "Why? Did your father never pay attention to you either?" you scoffed at her. Your eyes were facing the camera, giving a somewhat apologetic look to your team on the other end, knowing they would be mad at you for purposely aggravating her and making your own situation worse. They would have every right to get mad because suddenly, a gunshot sounded and you realized she had pulled the trigger.