Chapter 29

You flinched at the sound of the gunshot and closed your eyes, afraid that the bullet had been triggered. You open your eyes to the sound of the woman laughing, you realize that the bullet wasn't triggered. For now, at least.

You look directly at the camera, knowing your team must have also feared that you were shot. You didn't even know if they were still watching, but you gave the camera a slight smile to reassure the team you were okay in case they were still watching. You turn back to the woman, you still didn't know her name. The team probably knew her considering she knew Reid.

"So," she rolled her eyes after she stopped laughing. She seems to do that often, she gets bored easily. A classic psychopath. She continued speaking, "shall we continue?"

You knew you had pissed her off already and almost gotten yourself killed, but you hated giving her the satisfaction of showing fear and obeying her. Thus, you spoke up and annoyed her once more to show her that you weren't going to be easy to torture.

"You seem to roll your eyes a lot. If you're bored we can stop playing the game," you teased with a slight grin on your own face as if you were the one in control in this situation. She laughed at you, knowing you were purposely trying to aggravate her. 

She completely ignored your comment and instead began to ask the next question, "Do you think you're the best agent on the team?"

This was an easy one to answer, "No."

Another gunshot sounded, shocking you and causing you to flinch. No bullet, thankfully.

"I responded to your question," you raised your voice slightly, confused and annoyed on why she pulled the trigger because you had answered.

"Yes, but you lied," anger sounded in her voice, "and I hate liars."

You spoke firmly, "No. I didn't."

"Stop lying!" She shouted, you watched as her hand moved to the trigger once again. Before she could pull it you shouted and stopped her, "Wait! Wait! O-Okay, you're right you're right. I lied!"

She smiled, satisfied by your 'confession'.

She had already pulled the trigger twice without killing you, meaning there were now only 3 empty chambers remaining. Your chances of getting shot were much higher now. You had to keep yourself alive, even if it meant lying about your answers to satisfy her. You knew she had her mind made up already, she thinks she knows you better than you know yourself. Classic narcissism.

She turned to the camera with a grin on her face, "Hear that? She thinks she's better than all of you"

You played along to her little game, speaking with confidence, "No. I don't think I am. I know I am"

The woman turned to look at you with a surprised look on her face, she was enjoying this too much. She let out a laugh, "I knew you were a narcissist"

How ironic. She's the only narcissist here.

You let her believe she was right and continued, "If they were as good as me, they would've found me by now and saved me. Their lack of intelligence is going to get me killed" You wanted to sound convincing so your tone had annoyance in it, as if you were mad at your team. You hoped they would understand what you were trying to do. Obviously you didn't think that, but you had to be convincing for the woman who currently held you hostage and threatened your life.

"You hear that Spencie!" She shouted with an amused tone. You were happy she believed what you were saying. Or so you thought.

"Spencie... your girlfriend is lying to me!" she shouted the last few words as she approached you, talking to Spencer through the camera but looking directly at you, "Again!!" She knew you were lying, probably because Spencer was obviously a genius and you said your team lacked intelligence. Maybe you overdid it with the last sentence. Fuck, you should have just left it when you admitted to lying. That was a mistake on your part.

She now spoke with anger instead of amusement. "Do you think I'm stupid?!! HUH?!" she yelled as she used the gun to slap you across the face harder than last time, causing some blood to appear on your cheek. You winced in pain as you tasted some of the blood that dripped down to the sides of your mouth.

The trigger of the revolver was pulled once again, causing you to flinch and let out a scream at the sound. Your gaze quickly moved to your lap and your body as you scanned yourself for any gunshot wounds. Luckily, no bullet came out of the gun. The chamber was empty this time. There were now only two empty chambers left in the gun. You needed to be careful because one wrong word could cause her to shoot again. Next time, you may not be so lucky.

Your eyes glared at the woman, you spent a minute scanning her face and body for the first time. She stared right back at you, refusing to break eye-contact. You recognized her face, why did she look so familiar? Where have you seen her face before? This was the first time you really took in her appearance, glaring at her large, mean eyes, her smug smirk, her thin eyebrows. Oh my god. A look of realization hit you. You knew who she was. You had read about the team arresting her before your interview with Hotch before you started working at the BAU. You wanted to know as much as you could about their previous cases before your interview, so you had spent the night researching as much as you could. She was a particularly hard case for the BAU, she had killed over a hundred victims. Reid had to go undercover for this case, you remembered now. You saw her picture in the article. She had shorter hair in that picture and bangs, but her hair was longer now and she didn't have bangs anymore. They called her Miss .45. The Black Widow Killer.

You continued to glare at one another in silence. It had probably been two minutes that had passed before you spoke. You surprised her by the words that came out of your mouth.

"Catherine Adams," was all you said. You weren't asking her, but simply telling her. You wanted her to know that you knew who she was. Her eyebrows raised in surprise as a wide grin appeared on her face. She was impressed that you had finally figured out who she was.

"In the flesh," she smirked.