Chapter 16

Back to Jo's POV

During your recovery, Reid and Garcia would visit you everyday, never leaving your side. You're so grateful to have a close friend like Reid who is always there for you. Garcia was the most caring person you'd ever met, you owe her your life. JJ was busy with her kids and couldn't visit as often, but Morgan and Emily checked in on you almost everyday.

After three weeks of recovery, you were ready to go back to work... again. Reid drove you home from the hospital and walked you up the stairs to your apartment.

"I'm so ready to get back to work," you sighed in relief as you both sat down on your couch.

"The team isn't the same without you," Reid smiled, "but you need to be careful and let your body rest."

"Oh come on, I'm fine, Spencer," you assured him.

"Do you want me to make you some tea?" he asked.

"Sure, that'd be great. I'm just gonna use the bathroom real quick," you smiled at him as you walked to your bathroom.

You needed to take your antidepressants. It had been a while since you've taken them and you don't want to go down the road of being off your meds again. The last time you tried to stop them for over a month, you went into a major depressive episode and couldn't get out of it for a while. You took one of the pills and came back to the kitchen where Spencer handed you a cup of hot tea.

He took a sip from his cup and looked at you, "Jo....I-I, um..., I'm so sorry for what you went through. I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect yo–"

"Spence, stop. You have nothing to apologize for, and I'm fine, really. I just feel kinda stupid, but other than that, I promise, I'm fine" you assured him with a smile. It was a lie, you obviously were traumatized from that experience, but you felt like you had to be brave and not let it show.

"You're not stupid, you're strong. I'm proud of you, Jo" he put down his mug and gave you a hug. At first you flinched at his touch, you haven't let anybody touch you since everything that happened.

"It's okay, Jo... I'm not going to hurt you," he assured you after he noticed you flinch. You sunk into his arms. His arms wrapped around your waist and you felt his warm breath on your neck. He was taller than you, so he had to lean down. Your arms were wrapped around his neck and you could smell his hair, it smelled like coconuts from his shampoo. It felt comforting to hug him, you felt safe.

He released from the hug and stood up straight again. Your body's were still close, barely an inch away. He looked down at you and you looked up, staring into his honey brown eyes. He gave you a slight smile, then kissed you on your forehead before backing away. 

"Do you want me to stay the night? I don't want you feeling unsafe," he explained. He's so caring, you loved that about him.

"Thank you for the offer, Spence, but I'm okay. I just need some time to myself," you smile at him.

"Do you want to talk about what happened, you haven't talked about it since...since the day it happened when Emily went in to see you at the hospital after you woke up..." he avoided your eyes, he looked ashamed. 

"No, I'm good. I don't want to talk about it, I just want to forget it every happened," you smiled

He gave you a concerned look, that's not something healthy to do, to bury down trauma. You knew that, but you just didn't want to deal with this.

"If you need anything at all, please call me," Reid said before putting his mug in the sink and saying goodbye, you thanked him and he went back home to his apartment.