Chapter 23

The two days off had passed and you were back at work again. At first, it was a little awkward with Morgan because last time you saw him you had kissed, and now he wanted to talk.

"Hey, Morgan" You smiled awkwardly.

He didn't seem awkward, he was his usual self. "What's up, Diva"

"You wanted to talk? Um, is this about.... um, the night in Arizona after the case?"

"Yeah, listen," he began, not caring that anyone could pass us and possibly overhear our conversation, "We were both drunk and although I enjoyed it, I don't think it should happen again"

You laughed nervously, "Yeah, um. I'm really sorry about that... I get physical when I'm drunk and I had way too much to drink. Can we just pretend it never happened?"

"Sounds good to me." He smiled before walking away.

Although you said you would pretend it never happened, it was still a little awkward between you two the next couple of days. But a week later your friendship resumed to how it used to be with no awkward tension anymore, and you were thankful for that. Morgan was one of your closest friends and you liked it that way.

You continued your required therapy sessions in the next few days and talked to Dr. Sharon about everything, revealing how you sometimes had nightmares. You focused mostly on recent trauma and avoided talking about your childhood because you've tried to repress most of it. It had definitely helped to talk to her, even though you didn't want to at first.

It had almost been two weeks now and tomorrow would be your last day of the required sessions. You were excited to finally finish them. Unfortunately, a text from Garcia with another case meant that you wouldn't be able to get to your last session tomorrow. It would have to wait for now.

You had finally arrived home after work when Garcia's text told you to go right back to the BAU. You got back into your car and drove there, arriving right after Emily.

"Hey, Em" you greeted after getting out of the elevator.

"I was so excited to go home, drink wine, and binge watch Friends" she whined with a frown on her face as you both walked to the conference room.

"Duty calls," you roll your eyes.

"Do you know what this case is about?" Emily asks.

"No idea. I just know after it's over we need to have a girls night. We haven't had one in forever" you point out.

A voice from behind you speaks up, "Oooooh!! I'm in!"

You both turn around to see Garcia walk into the conference room where you both stood.

You smile at her as she hands you both a file. You open it and notice the location in New Jersey, the place you grew up in. It's not somewhere you'd like to go back to, but it's work and you didn't have a choice.

The rest of the team arrived and Garcia explained the case while you listened with a dreadful look in your eyes. You were not looking forward to going back to New Jersey.

"Wheels up in 20," Hotch said leaving the room.

Reid approached you, "Hey"

"Hey," you mumbled with a fake smile. You felt sick thinking about going back to New Jersey.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Somehow, Reid always knew when you weren't okay.

You didn't want him to worry because there wasn't anything wrong other than the fact that you didn't want to remember your childhood memories, "Nothing, just tired. I didn't get much sleep last night"