Chapter 27

Spencers POV

She went back into her apartment. She's so stubborn, what if she gets shot when she goes back in. I can't lose her. Everything I just confessed to her is killing me because we were interrupted before she could respond. Was she going to tell me she loved me? Was she going to tell me she doesn't feel the same way? That she just wants to be friends? I had no idea. I shouldn't be thinking about this right now but I can't help it. It's Jo. I can't lose her.

I was about to go in to follow her, to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid, to make sure she's okay. As I cautiously began to enter the apartment again, I saw something fly through the window. I immediately recognized what it was but before I could even react or warn Jo, my body flew back out the apartment door and I hit my head against the wall. I felt blood oozing from my head dripping down my forehead and I felt myself falling unconscious. Before I did though, I saw a familiar woman walking through the apartment hallways to where I lay leaning against the wall in front of Jo's apartment door that was already open. She stopped in front of me and I recognized who she was immediately.

"Hey Spencie, long time no see," she smirked as she crouched down next to me, her hand grazing the blood on my forehead, "Sorry about that, Spencie. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just wanted to get to your precious Jo" she laughed slightly at Jo's name.

It was none other than the woman whose life goal was to ruin my life–Cat Adams. Before I could protest or even say anything, I fell unconscious. The last thing I saw was her walking into the apartment with a smug grin spread across her face.

____

I opened my eyes feeling dizzy, not knowing how long I had been unconscious. Was it minutes? Was it hours? I was in the same position Cat left me in– leaning against the wall with blood oozing down my head. I heard siren's getting closer, knowing someone from the apartment building must have called the police after the explosion. I mustered up the strength to stand up, but immediately my knees gave in and I fell back down. I needed to find Jo. I tried once again and successfully pulled myself up to my feet using the wall for support. My head pounded as I dragged myself into the apartment, smoke surrounding me causing me to cough. I must not have been out for too long considering there was still a bunch of smoke from the recent explosion and the police still hadn't arrived.

I'm not even religious, but at this moment I was praying to God that Jo was still here and alive. If Cat had taken her, there's no telling what she would do to her. Cat Adams is a psychopath, she's convinced I am too and thinks we're perfect for each other. She's insane.

I first searched the living room for any sign of Jo, but found nothing. I dragged myself to her kitchen but when I found nothing except shattered glass plates and broken wine glasses, I moved onto the bedroom. I entered the bedroom, hoping to God that she would be in there, that she would be okay, that maybe I had imagined Cat Adams and this wasn't actually happening.

The first thing I noticed when I entered her bedroom was a small pool of blood with an empty syringe needle lying on the ground next to it. Right then, it felt like my heart had stopped. Was that Jo's blood? No. No. No. No. This isn't happening. I tried to come up with a million reasons why Jo wasn't here. Maybe she was okay and she went and called the police? Maybe she was in an ambulance already and being taken to the hospital? Maybe I was still unconscious and dreaming and when I wake up Jo will be here? I was avoiding the truth. I knew the truth was that Cat must have drugged her and taken her. But I didn't want to believe it. It hurt too much to believe it. A few meters away, I saw Jo's gun lying on the floor next to some shattered mirror pieces.

I couldn't process this, I had just gotten Jo back. She's always in danger, she's always in pain. This time it would be all my fault. Nobody to blame except me. I fell to my knees next to the pool of blood and choked out a sob. I wanted to scream, I wanted to let out all my anger. The person I loved was always in danger and this time it was my fault. I had no time to scream or cry because I knew I had to call Hotch immediately. We needed to find Jo and we didn't have any time to waste. I didn't even want to think about what Cat was planning to do to Jo right now, I couldn't.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and dialed Hotch's number, anxiously waiting for him to pick up.

"Reid? I was just about to call you. I need to talk to you. I was just informed that Cat Adams broke out of–"

I interrupted him before he could finish, "I know," I choked back a sob as I tried to explain, "She has Jo, Hotch. She attacked us in Jo's apartment and took her–" I couldn't even finish my sentence because the tears I was holding back spilled out.

The sirens were now as close as they could get, and I heard feet rushing up the stairs. Immediately, four men in uniform walked in, pointing their guns in my direction. I put the phone down with Hotch still on the line and put my hands up as I tried to explain, "I-I'm FBI"

"Your badge?" One of the men questioned.

"I-It's in my pocket... I'm going to reach over and grab it, don't shoot" I responded as I pulled out my badge and showed it to them. They lowered their guns and I picked the phone back up to talk to Hotch.

Hotch spoke first, "I'll be right there." He spoke firmly with worry in his voice leaving no time for me to say anything before he hung up.

The officers questioned me about what happened and I didn't hear a word they said. My mind was elsewhere, worrying about Jo and whether she was in pain. What was Cat going to do to her? Where would she take her? Was that Jo's blood in her bedroom?

My thoughts were interrupted by the officers, "Sir?"

I finally replied to their question about what happened, "S-sorry, um, there were two gunshots that came through the window. T-there was another girl with me, Jo Blaise. This is her apartment.... she was t-taken," a tear escaped my eye at these words.

"Do you know who did this?" An officer questioned.

"Yes," I looked up and stared into the officers eyes, anger surging through me as I spoke her name, "Catherine Adams."

Nobody spoke, so I continued, "I'm part of the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI, my team is on their way." I tried to stand up but tripped slightly and fell right back onto my knees.

An officer noticed my struggle to stand, "Sir, paramedics are on their way up. We have to get you to a hospital–"

"N-No!" I protested, "I have to find Jo. My team is on their way and we need to figure out where she was taken"

A female paramedic finally arrived and ran over to my side with some supplies. "Sir, can you stand? We need to get you down to the ambulance to check for internal bleeding and a concussion," she explained.

I nodded my head and stood up with her help, she helped me down to the ambulance as I continued to worry about Jo in my head.

After the paramedic cleaned up the blood from my head, I noticed the BAU's Black SUV's pull up next to the ambulance. I sighed in relief that Hotch and the team finally arrived.

The first to step out of the car was Emily and she ran over to me with a worried expression on her face, embracing me in a tight hug. At her touch, I immediately let out my sobs, not able to hold them in.

"Shh, it's okay, Reid. We'll find her," she assured me as she patted my back while I cried into her shoulder. Her voice was shaky and I knew she had been crying into my shoulder as well as I could feel her tears on my shirt.

"We have to find her," I cried out in a shaky voice.

Emily let go of me and looked me in the eyes, assuring me once again, "We will."

a/n: anyway im in love with cat adams