Chapter 5

The case was finally closed. It took almost a week, but Rick Dimyan was finally arrested for those murders. Reid was right, he was physically disabled and killed because of his own insecurities, but he enjoyed the kills. How can such sick, fucked up people exist in this world.

You were on your way back to your hotel rooms after catching the unsub, you were so tired but it was only 8PM.

You were all at the lobby when Morgan spoke up, "We don't have to be back until tomorrow at 11AM, who's down to celebrate?" he smiled, looking not a single bit tired after we just arrested the unsub.

"I am exhausted, Morgan. Can we please skip it this time" JJ begged.

"No, no, its tradition. First round of drinks on me!" Rossi announced

"So you're telling me you guys go out drinking right after you chase a murderer down and arrest them?" you laughed, surprised at this tradition they have.

"Yes ma'am, so you in or what?" Morgan winked at you.

"I can't even keep my eyes open and I really don't want to be hung over in the morning" you say apologetically.

Morgan sighed in disappointment, "Diva... come onn, you just solved your first case! You gotta celebrate!!"

You and Morgan became friends pretty quick during this case, you felt like you had known him for a long time and he had a very flirty personality.

"I don't usually drink when we go out. You don't have to drink, but at least come with us?" Reid smiled shyly at you.

"Fine, fine. I'm convinced. Should we meet back here?" you asked

"Be back here in 30 minutes, I saw a nice bar a few miles away from here" Morgan uttered as he walked away to his room.

"Oh wait, shit, I don't have anything to wear" you frowned while you and JJ were the only ones left in the lobby.

"You can borrow something from me, I have an extra dress" JJ smiled, leading the way to her hotel room.

She was in room 114, which was a few doors down from your room. Once you entered, she opened her closet and pulled out 2 dresses, laying them on her bed.

"I was planning on wearing the green one, but you can try both of them on and see which you like better" JJ offered

"Wow they're really pretty... but also very short" you looked at her doubting wearing either of these.

"Yeah you'll probably catch Morgan staring at your ass tonight" JJ laughed and you joined.

"I'm so exhausted I don't even know if i'll make it through the night" you sighed as you took a seat on her bed.

"Me too, Jo, me too, but Morgan is stubborn. He'll drag us out of our rooms if he has too" she said jokingly but also seriously.

"Well he might have to" you uttered falling onto your back, now laying flat on her bed. JJ took a seat next to you on the bed.

"You okay? I know this was your first case. God, I still remember mine. It was brutal, it took us a few weeks to find the unsub and the crime scenes were covered with blood" she blinked for a few seconds trying to get the image out of her head, "So.. how are you holding up?" She looked at you as you sat up from your lying position. You were now face to face.

"I'm good. I mean, the crime scenes weren't that bad, I guess. I just can't believe this world is filled with so many cruel, messed up people. I'm just glad it's over, I couldn't really sleep this week. I kept picturing the unsub hurting those women" you explained, avoiding eye contact because you were embarrassed. You didn't want to admit that the case affected you so much, but you were starting to like JJ and knew you could trust her.

"The first case is one of the hardest. You'll learn to not let it get to you too much" she gave you a smile, "but for now, I'm always here if you want to talk"

"Thank you, JJ. I really appreciate that"

"But for tonight.... we should celebrate! Morgan's right. This was your first case and without you, we wouldn't have solved it!" she cheered while handing you the black dress and pointing you towards her bathroom so you could change.

You came out of the bathroom wearing a tight, black dress barely covering your thighs. If it had been just 2 inches shorter, your black lace underwear probably would have shown. It was a v-neck, showing off your chest– something you liked to show off because it was the one part of your body you didn't hate.

'Wow, it looks great on you" JJ noticed, "by the way I have some makeup too, if you want"

"No thank you, I don't really like to share face products I have this thing about germs" you smiled awkwardly

"Oh you and Reid are definitely going to be good friends" she laughed, "he's huge on germs"

"Wow, is that why he's the only one that hasn't tried to shake my hand" you laughed, "people are usually weirded out about it, I've never met someone who's as crazy as I am about it"

She smiled, "Yep, that's Reid. He's unlike anyone you've ever met before: a germaphobe, genius, robot that spits out random facts, but we love him for it, and I'm sure once you get to know him you will too"

You smiled, walking towards the door and about to exit until you remember you also didn't bring any fancy shoes that would match this dress. "Fuck, I don't haves shoes to wear with this"

"Oh crap, I don't have any extra I'm so sorry" JJ replied. "Wait I think Emily might have some, you should check with her. She's in room 202, I think."

"Thank you so much, JJ. You're a lifesaver!!" you smiled, "see you in the lobby!"

You knocked on door 202 and waited for Emily to open. To your surprise, Reid opened the door.

"Oh I'm sorry, Reid. JJ said this was Emily's room?" Your face showed confusion.

His eyes looked you up and down and stopped at your chest. A few seconds passed and he was still silent

"Uhmm, Reid?" You waved your hand in his face trying to get his attention, suddenly embarrassed at what had just happened.

"Oh, I'm sorry... um.... No, t-this is my room" he blushed and gave an awkward smile– he seems to do that a lot.

"Is that JJ's dress? I saw her wear the same dress 4 cases ago on June 14." He was trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, uh, I didn't really know you guys went out to celebrate after cases so I only brought work clothes with me. I had to borrow a dress from JJ"

"Oh, well um, Emily's room is 204" He smiled again.

"Thanks" you gave a smile as you turned and walked down the hallway.

"The dress looks good on you" he announced when you arrived at Emily's room two doors down, trying to hide a smile.

You smiled at him before he closed his door.