Chapter 10

"R-Reid?" Your vision was still a little blurry.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

You couldn't make eye contact with him, you were so embarrassed. You were the new "badass" of the BAU, you didn't want to be seen as vulnerable or broken. "I told Dr. Dalton I didn't want any visitors"

"I know, but we're just so worried. I can't believe Mateo did this to you," his tone expressing both pain and anger.

You instantly got defensive, "What? What does Mateo have to do with this?"

Disgust and annoyance struck Reid's face, "Jo, we know abused you. Stop trying to protect him, he's a piece of shit and I'm gonna kill him when we find him."

"Spencer, stop" you begged, trying to hold back tears. You felt so embarrassed. Reid probably thinks you're an idiot for being with someone who abuses you.

Reid began raising his voice, he was angry at Mateo, "No, Jo. He's an asshole! Why are you even with him! Stop protecting him! He just manipulates yo–"

You interrupted him and yelled, "Reid, get out! NOW!" You didn't want to hear this right now. Obviously you knew you shouldn't have gotten back together with Mateo, but it's not Reid's place to make you feel like an idiot about it. 

"Woah woah woah, what's going on in here," Morgan rushed into your room after hearing shouting.

"Get out Reid!" you shouted, immediately screaming because you felt immense pain in your ribs. Morgan rushed to your side and called out for a doctor.

"Reid, she wants you to leave." Morgan gave Reid a stern look as he comforted you.

"But–"

"Now!" Morgan raised his voice. Reid marched out of the room angrier than he was before. He was only trying to help you but instead hurt you even more. 

After the doctor gave you some medication for the pain, Morgan sat down beside you and tried to figure out what was going on.

"Jo, what happened? Why were you fighting with Reid?" He said in a soft, concerned voice.

"He think's Mateo did this. He thinks I'm an idiot with an abusive boyfriend or something" you looked down at your lap. How could you tell anyone about this? You didn't want to be judged.

Morgan raised his eyebrows, "Didn't he? Jo, Reid definitely doesn't think you're an idiot. He's just angry with Mateo for doing this to you."

"Not you too, Morgan. Like I told the doctor, someone broke into my house. This wasn't Mateo" you turned to your side, away from Morgan. You didn't want to talk about this anymore.

"We found you unconscious covered in bruises and cuts with swollen eyes on your floor. When I saw you, I thought you were dead, Jo. We just want to protect you. I saw the bruises on your ribs when you were at the mall. And the way he was being jealous and controlling when he met me?" Morgan was still calm, knowing you felt embarrassed about this.

"I was working out and fell on the treadmill" you lied defensively, "Morgan, can you just leave please? Thank you for being here, but I'm fine, really"

Morgan walked to the other side of your bed, now facing you. He looked you in the eyes, "Jo, I'm not leaving here until you talk to me. I'm a profiler, I know when something's going on. I'm not here to judge you, I'm here to help you"

Spencer's POV

The doctor came up to us and told us she was stable and awake. Thank god, I don't know what I would've done if she wasn't okay. Hotch and Rossi let out a sigh of relief.