Chapter 11

Emily and Garcia stayed with you at the hospital for a few days until you recovered. The rest of the team was on a case. They were supposed to leave the day you ended up in the hospital, but the news delayed that.

Reid hadn't spoken to you, but the rest of the team kept checking in to make sure you were okay. Rossi promised to make you his famous Italian pasta when he came back from the case.

You were discharged from the hospital and allowed to go back home. Your bruises were healing, and your eye was definitely better. Emily and Garcia drove you to your apartment.

"Do you want us to come up with you?" Emily asked.

"No, I'm okay. You guys have been so nice to me, thank you so much"

Garcia stared you down, "You better text us every thirty minutes so we know you're okay, Angel"

You laughed, "Yes, Ma'am"

"Bye, Sweet Face, text me if you need anything at all!!" Garcia shouted as they drove off.

You walked up the stairs to your apartment, each step felt like eternity. You finally arrived and opened the door to a clean apartment. You expected the floor to be covered in glass and blood, but someone cleaned everything up for you.

You texted Garcia, expecting it to be her. You are my hero, Penelope Garcia. Thank you for cleaning my apartment!!

You have the Boy Wonder to thank for that. But you're right, I am a hero :)

Reid did this? Why would he do this, he hadn't even checked in on you and he thought you were an idiot.

You texted back Oh, well I'll thank him too then. You're still my hero :)

You spent your days reading and watching Netflix. The team was still working on a case somewhere on the West Coast and you weren't supposed to go back to work till next week.

Penelope texted you at least once every two hours to make sure you were okay, she was the cutest person ever. She also brought you cookies and hung out with you twice during that week.

At the end of the week, the team had finally solved the case and returned home. They had two days off. The day they came back, there was a knock on your door.

"Who is it?" you asked, worried Mateo might be back.

They spoke up, "It's Spencer"

You opened the door to see Reid in his work clothes with a book in his hand.

He stood there silently and gave you his classic awkward smile.

After a few seconds of silence between you, he spoke up, "Hey, we just got back from a case and I wanted to check in on you." He avoided eye contact, looking down most of the time.

"Oh, so now you care all of a sudden? I thought I was just some idiot who let an asshole manipulate and abuse her?" You said very monotone, closing the door in his face.

"Jo, what are you talking about? You're not an idiot" he said from the other side of the closed door. You opened the door again.

"Spencer, I heard you that day at the hospital, okay? I mean you weren't being very subtle. You've only known me for less than two months. Yes, we were friends, but you still barely know me. You have no right to call me a fucking idiot and curse out my boyfriend. "

"Jo, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that, I was just frustrated that you kept protecting him because he hurt you. You deserve so much better than him, you deserve someone who really loves you! He's an idiot and I just want him to pay for what he did. Please tell me you're not going back to him" Reid tried to stay calm and somewhat succeeded, but you could tell he was concerned and angry deep down.