Chapter 15

Spencers POV

Garcia was able to track the car through his GPS, it was taken to a storage garage thirty minutes from here. All we knew was the unsub's name, we had no clue about his relationship with Jo or why he took her, but we didn't have time to find out. We had to find her.

We put on our bulletproof FBI vests and pulled out our guns, counting to three before kicking open the storage door.

I recognized Mateo standing next to Jo's unconscious body, hanging by her hands.

"Matthew Michaels, hands up right now!" Hotch yelled.

"Mateo! You son of a Bitch!" Morgan shouted out after recognizing Mateo was the one behind this, rushing towards him. Hotch realized this was Mateo after Morgan yelled his name. Hotch lowered his gun and ran to stop Morgan. Morgan could no longer control his temper, he tackled Mateo and punched him, letting out all his fury on him. 

"Don't ever touch her again!" He shouted as he punched him three more times across the face, causing a broken nose and some blood.

"Morgan!" Hotch yelled at him, "Let him go! NOW!"

Morgan got up from Mateo's body, happy with the two black eyes he gave him. He grabbed Mateo by the wrists and hand-cuffed him tightly, beginning to explain to him his Miranda rights.

While Morgan was arresting Mateo, I ran to Jo's side. "Jo? Jo? Can you hear me?" My face filled with fear of what he might have done to her. I wanted to know everything he did to her but at the same time wanted to know nothing because I didn't know if I could handle it. She was half undressed, he was going to rape her if we hadn't gotten here. Her face was covered in blood and her body bruised. We were just in time. I can't imagine what he would have done to her if we hadn't gotten here. 

I immediately untied the rope to relieve her wrists from the weight they were carrying and her body collapsed into my hands. I slowly placed her on the ground so she wouldn't hit her head. I noticed that the blood was coming from her nose and mouth and her body was bruised from being dragged in the parking lot. I looked at her weak body and felt my heart break into pieces. She just got out of the hospital, she just got away from Mateo. She had to go through this all again. It's going to take her a lot of time to recover. I quickly remove my coat and use it to cover her exposed body.

"We need a medic in here!" I shouted as loud as I could, hoping someone would hear.

A medic came and I backed away, giving him space to help her. I heard Mateo laughing as he was being arrested.

"She's a filthy whore," Mateo muttered, "Nobody's ever gonna love you, Jo!! Nobody!" He shouted through his laughs. He's a sociopath and he's been hurting her for so long, that son of a bitch is never going to see the light of day again. I'll make sure of it.

Back to Jo's POV:

You woke up in the hospital again, seeing Reid by your side.

"Hey, hey, you're awake," he whispered.

You had no strength to speak, your body exhausted from the trauma. An oxygen mask covered your mouth, helping you breathe. You blinked slowly, moving your eyes around the room to examine it. It was just you and Reid. Your eyes turn back to Reid.

You still couldn't speak, but he could tell by the way you looked at him that you were thankful, that you were grateful that he saved you.

Spencer stares at you for a minute, his eyes watering as he holds your hand, "I was so scared, Jo. Please don't ever scare me like that again." His voice was shaking.