Chapter 35

For someone who was in a coma for days, you were surprisingly tired. The doctors had come to check up on you and Emily never left your side. They told you about all the surgeries performed on you while you were in a coma and that you would most likely be fully healed physically within a week, although they weren't sure about the emotional trauma. Emily had called the team to let them know you were okay. You were only awake for an hour before your body begged you to go back to sleep once more to rest, unable to stay awake until the team arrived.

After sleeping for a couple hours, you awoke once more in the same hospital bed looking up at the same hospital ceiling. Only this time, you awoke to feel a hand intertwined with yours and a body sitting next to you. You didn't even have to look to know it was the one and only Spencer Reid sitting at your bedside. Blinking your eyes, your head turned to glance at him. You noticed the bags under his eyes and a frown on his face, he looked like he hadn't slept for days.

"You look worse than I do," you grabbed his attention with a joke. His head jolted to your direction and the frown on his face immediately turned into a smile. His eyes no longer looked tired or empty, they filled with light and joy at the sight of your face.

He struggled to form words, not knowing what to say after everything. He just smiled at you, happy to have you back. He stared at you, memorizing your face and features, scared that if he looks away for even one second you might disappear again. You might be in danger again. He might lose you again, like he did so many times already.

You stared back, not being able to tear away your gaze from his beautiful eyes. You've seen them before so many times, but at this moment you can't seem to tear away from them. Maybe it's because you've finally realized you love him, maybe it's because, this time, you both know how much you mean to each other. Does he know, though? When you thought you were going to die, you told him the one thing that had been most difficult for you to say your entire life. Did he even hear it?

Your thoughts were interrupted when he spoke, "Jo..." tears sprang from his eyes before he could even get a sentence in.

He was the first to break from your gaze as he began to silently sob. Watching him cry over you, over almost losing you, it's painful. Heartbreaking.

"Spence. Hey, Spence," you shifted your position and moved your hands to cup his cheeks and force his head up. You were back to staring at each other as you held his face. "I'm okay. I'm okay." His sobs seemed to get louder as his face sunk into the comfort of your hands.

"I'm here, I'm okay. I'm okay," you continued to reassure him.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" he whispered repetitively.

"There's nothing to be sorry for"

After he stopped crying he was finally able to speak, "I thought I lost you. I almost lost you. I'll never forgive myself. I love you, Jo. Even if you don't feel the same way, I love you"

He must not have known that you loved him too. He must not have known that he was the only one to ever make you happy, the only one to ever make you feel like you are worth something, the only one to make you want to live when you've been wanting to die your entire life, the only one who is always there for you. He's the love of your life, and you sure as hell are gonna make sure he knows that.

You cupped his face once again and forced him to look at you, "Doctor Spencer Reid, I love you. I don't just love you. I'm in love with you. And I'm sorry for not telling you sooner."

Fresh tears ran down his cheek as a smile took over his face. His eyes gazed deep into yours and his lips were inches away from yours. Taking his time, he leaned in closer and closer until his lips brushed gently across yours, sending goosebumps down your body. His eyes closed and you took that as a sign to close yours as well and fall into the kiss. When your lips connected it felt so right. It felt like you had finally found the person you were gonna love for the rest of your life. You felt loved. You felt safe. Spencer Reid was the love of your life and you were never going to let him go. He deepened the kiss and his hands found your cheeks and neck. It wasn't until you were both gasping for air that your lips parted.

His hands remained holding your cheeks and his eyes got lost in yours.

"Don't ever leave me again"

"I'm not planning to"

Before he had time to kiss you again, a loud clap of applause erupted from next to you and you both turned around to see the one and only Derek Morgan with a satisfied grin on his face.

"Finally! I guess Garcia owes me 10 bucks" Morgan commented. 

Spencer's face immediately turned a bright shade of red and he scooted away slightly.

You smiled at the sight of Morgan, you didn't think you'd ever see him again. You didn't think you'd ever see anyone again.

"So I almost died and that's the first thing you say? I always knew you were an asshole!" you joked with a smile on your face.

Morgan approached you to give you a hug. You flinched at first, hesitating to hug back but you did eventually. His embrace felt comfortable, he was your family. Seconds later the entire team stood at the entrance of your hospital room with smiles and tear-stained faces– especially Garcia's.

An hour after you all reunited and they all wished you well during your recovery, you were left alone with just Reid in the room.

You both sat in a comforting silence simply enjoying each other's presence. At that moment, no words needed to be exchanged. Spencer Reid was always going to be there for you and you were going to be okay. After all, you are the BAU badass.

The End

a/n:  hey i am so incredibly sorry for being inactive for so long! this is the end of the book and this was a very shitty story and there are many plot details and things that don't make sense. if i'm being honest I absolutely hate this story and want to delete it but i know a lot of you were waiting for the ending so here it is. it's a little rushed because I was planning to write more chapters but life has been absolute chaos and I just can't write anymore. i'm so sorry if this wasn't the ending you expected. life is absolutely crazy right now and maybe if things get better I will change this story one day and fix it but for now this is it.

i just want to say thank you SO SO SO much to everyone who has stuck with me. to everyone who has read, voted, and commented, I appreciate you so much! I can never express how much your support meant to me!! the smallest of comments made my entire day and you guys always put a smile on my face. I just want to say that I love you guys so much and I appreciate you more than you will ever know! i'm so thankful to all of you!!