Chapter 17

hey heyyy thank you SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHOSE BEEN VOTING AND COMMENTING IT MEANS SO SO MUCH TO ME I LOVE YOU ALL ENDLESSLY 

Back to Jo's POV

You laid in bed trying to fall asleep, it was 1:20AM. You were thinking about the night Mateo raped you, your therapist told you that the only reason you seem fine was because you were trying to repress the memories instead of dealing with them. What does she know? She's not the one who went through that shit. So what you're repressing them, why the fuck would you want to relive them and keep thinking of them?

You were interrupted by the sound of a text message, you check your phone and see it's from Spencer Reid.

Hey, how was your first day back?

You replied, Good but Hotch is making me take mandatory therapy sessions as a condition of my return and its just a waste of my time tbh

You watched the three dots indicating he was typing pop up while you anxiously waited for his response, debating whether you should have kept it to yourself or told him. The dots disappear and there's no reply. Did he just leave you on read? Crap, maybe you shouldn't have told him.

You decide to put your phone on airplane mode and go to sleep. After an hour of shifting in different positions trying to find a comfy position and fall asleep, you decide to take two melatonins. Before you realize it, you've fallen asleep.

The next thing you know, someone's shaking you awake. You open your eyes abruptly, breathing heavily, and see a man in front of you holding your shoulders. It was dark and your instinct was to yell. He quickly backs away realizing he frightened you.

"Hey, hey, Jo, it's me, Spencer. I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you but you were yelling in your sleep I think you were having a nightmare."

"Spence? What the hell are you doing here?!" you remark as you sit into an upright position.

He turns on the lights in your bedroom, you squint as your eyes adjust, "I was worried, we got called in for a case in Arizona and you didn't show up.... and, you know..." he hesitated, "after last time..."

"Oh fuck, what time is it?? I'm sorry my phone was on airplane mode. Is Hotch mad??" You rushed out of bed and opened your closet to grab some clothes. You ignored the embarrassing fact that Spence literally just broke into your apartment and watched you yell in your sleep from a fucking nightmare becuse you didn't have time to deal with that right now.

Spencer noticed you were in your underwear and a tank top when you got up. He respectfully turned around so only his back faced you before responding, "Um, it's 3AM. And no, he was just worried, I'll text him that you're okay and that we'll meet him on the jet."

You realized your nipples were showing through your tank top and that's why Spencer turned around, you didn't mean to make him uncomfortable. But then again, it's not your fault men can't handle themselves around women, it's not like men don't have nipples. But it's only inappropriate when women show them? Whatever, you don't have time for this right now you have to get dressed.

Spencer left the room to let you get dressed. You were nervous but excited. You haven't had a case since.... you know...everything that happened.... but you were ready for one. After you got ready and went to the living room where Spence was, he stared at you with a concerned look.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" you questioned him.

"It's just...this is your first case after.... You know" he looked down, unable to look you in the eyes

"Oh my god," you rolled your eyes, "Reid. I'm fine. Come on, let's go I don't wanna be late!"

Spencer drove you both to the jet, the car ride was silent but he kept glancing at you while he was driving. It felt like he had something he wanted to say to you but he just stayed silent the whole ride there.