Chapter 14

TW: rape, sexual abuse, violence. 

Spencers POV

"Call the team," Hotch ordered.

I called Morgan first, I was freaking out.

"Hey, kid"

"Morgan.... it's Jo. Sh-She's gone." I paced back and forth anxiously.

Morgan's tone changed, "Woah, woah, slow down. What do you mean she's gone, Reid?"

"She...She came up to office with a man who claimed to be her brother. She wanted to take a sick day to spend it with him. I told Hotch, but he told me she doesn't have a brother," I try to slow down, realizing how fast I've been speaking, "We called her and she wouldn't pick up. We found her phone tossed in the parking lot"

"I'm on my way." Morgan said nothing else and ended the call.

15 minutes later and the whole team was here and worried about Jo. Garcia was crying and Morgan comforting her.

"Garcia, can you show us the security footage of the parking lot. We need to figure out what happened," Hotch instructed.

She pulled it up on the T.V. screen so we could all see. The same man that claimed to be her brother was holding a gun to her back in the elevator. We could tell he said something to her, but the camera had no audio for us to hear. Her body immediately tensed up. She looked shocked and fear took over her face after he spoke. Her guard was down, he took advantage of that and pulled a cloth over her mouth. Fury grew inside of me as I watched this. Jo attempted to fight him, but seconds later, she fell to the ground, unconscious. He must have used chloroform 

He stood over her body and stared at her for a second, he leaned down over her head and moved a strand of her hair away from her face, tucking it behind her ear. Disgusting. He then moved to behind her head, he grabbed both her arms and began to drag her across the parking lot to a Black SUV. He was clearly muscular and wouldn't have had a problem carrying her, but he seems sadistic, he enjoys causing pain. He opened the trunk and dumped her body inside. Before closing the trunk, he grabbed her phone and tossed it on the ground. The team watched the video in silence, disgusted as he drove off with one of our team members in his trunk.

Garcia's jaw was open and her eyes wide as tears blurred her vision. Morgan's face showed disgust and fury.

I was upset with myself. After what happened with Mateo, I just wanted to project her. I failed again. I let her down.

"Does anybody recognize that man? Has she mentioned any man other than Mateo to any of you? She would have mentioned him as a friend, acquaintance, relative..... anything?" Hotch asked the team

"No, no... she's never talked about anybody other than Mateo to us" Emily stated.

Hotch looked at Penelope, "Garcia, try to track the license plate number. Also see if you could get a good picture of his face from the security footage. The rest of you, we need to figure out why he took Blaise and what he wants from her"

"He introduced himself as Matthew to me," I informed them.

A minute later, Garcia had already tracked the plate number. "The license plate number belongs to Matthew Michaels. I got a good picture from the footage, Sir. I sent it to your phones," Garcia uttered.

Back to Jo's POV

You felt someone's breath on your neck as you gained consciousness. You opened your eyes to a dark room.

"Hey, baby" Mateo whispered into your ear as his hands moved up and down your body. Your hands were tied together and hung above your head by a rope. You could barely stand and the rope around your hands was tight, carrying your entire weight.

"M-Mateo?" you mustered up the strength to speak, still dizzy from the chloroform cloth you were drugged by.

"If I can't have you by choice, I'll have you by force" he looked you in the eyes and a grin formed on his face. The love you thought you felt for him before was suddenly all gone. All you felt was disgust and fear towards him.

You tried to convince him to leave you alone, "Why do you want me so badly. You don't even love me, just let me go, Mateo. I won't tell anyone." You begged him in a kind voice.

He laughed. "No, baby. I'm sorry but I can't do that. I'm not done with you yet..." His hands moved down to your pants and he slowly unbuttoned your formal work pants. He caressed your body as you flinched at every touch. 

"No...no....M-Mateo..." you mumbled in a shaky voice, trying to hold back tears as he continued to caress your body. He removed your shirt and pants, leaving you in a bra and underwear.

The man that had taken you and drugged you walked into the room and spoke, "Where's my money?" Mateo backed away from you and went to the corner and picked something up in his hands.

"Relax, relax, I have it right here," Mateo assured him, handing him an envelope.

"Enjoy," the man grinned and winked at Mateo as he left the room.

The room was silent as Mateo approached you again, staring at your half naked body. He tried to touch you again, moving his hand slowly up your torso to your right breast. Immediately, you used up all your strength to kick him away and he fell backwards onto his ass. 

"You Bitch!" He screamed as he got up from the ground. He clenched his fist and punched you across the face, causing your nose to bleed.

You screamed out in pain. He put his hands around your neck, choking you.

"You can't fight back this time, whore," he laughed as you struggled to breathe. 

The last thing you remember was his wicked laugh, you fell unconscious again.