Chapter 2

A week later, you got a call from Aaron Hotchner, "Hello?"

"Jo Blaise? Hi, I wanted to call and congratulate you, your interview was the most impressive and we'd like to offer you the job."

"Oh my god! Thank you so much Agent Hotchner!" You squealed like a child who had just heard the ice cream truck passing by.

He laughed, "Please, call me Hotch. I take it by your reaction that you plan on accepting the offer?"

"Yes! I'm so honored to be working with your team!"

"Great, we're glad to have you. You'll make a great asset to this team. If you can, we'd like you to start today... we have a case." His tone changed

"Oh, yes, of course. What time do you need me to be there?"

"In 20 minutes, bring your go-bag. See you soon, Agent Blaise" he ended the call before you could react to the fact that he just called you agent.

Packing your go bag, you stuffed some formal clothes, some pj's, your toothbrush, and some deodorant. You hurried down the stairs to the parking lot of the building and started your car. You rushed to get to the BAU, not wanting to be late on your first day.

The elevator doors opened and you saw JJ and Reid, the ones you met the day of your interview, but there were a few unfamiliar faces.

Before you got a chance to introduce yourself, Hotch rushed to the elevator and asked for all of you to follow him into the conference room. You were the last to enter, following everyone in. Your jaw dropped at the sight of pictures of two different women with their scalp peeled off presented on the TV screen facing the round conference table.

"Agent Blaise, this is Agent Jennifer Jureau, Emily Prentiss, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, and Dr. Spencer Reid. Oh, and this is our technical analyst, Penelope Garcia" Hotch introduced them briefly before getting started on the case.

"This is Jo Blaise, the newest member of our team," he introduced you.

You smiled at them and waved as you all took a seat around the table. The blonde girl with a pink dress and a flower headband gave you a big smile, "Yay! hi lovely, I can't wait for us to have great bonding experiences over tequila shots after we close this case!" You let out a laugh and smiled at her.

"Speaking of this case... Garcia?" Hotch interrupted, clearing his throat as he took a seat and read over the file we were all given. You've only ever talked to Hotch the day of your interview and today, but you noticed that he rarely smiles or makes jokes.

"Right" her smile disappeared, "Cassie Mokon and Georgina Dankork, both were sex workers. They were found dead in the upper east side of Manhattan in two different 5 star-luxury hotels. The murders were only three days apart. As you can see in these gruesome photos, their scalp was peeled off by whatever terrible person did this. You can also see that they are presented laying on the bed under the sheets with no mess and no blood, just a missing scalp"

"This doesn't even look like a crime scene, they just look like they're asleep– aside from the missing scalp" JJ explained as she stared closely at the pictures.

"He probably took their scalp with him as a trophy for his kills" Rossi commented.

"Garcia, what was their cause of death, was the scalp removed post-mortem?" Reid said, focused on the file in front of him.

"The toxicology report came back and showed signs of Ketamine in both their digestive systems, but the cause of death was strangulation. M.E. reported that the scalp was removed post-mortem, it's a clean cut too" she replied.

"We need to find out if that type of cut requires a medical background" Hotch informed the team.

"The ketamine in their system could indicate that our unsub doesn't have the strength to hold down these women" You said confidently, speaking for the first time since meeting them.

Morgan spoke up, "that's true, our unsub could be female."

All the female heads turn to Morgan.

"I don't think there's enough reason to suggest that." you said sternly, taking offense from his comment, "weak does not equal female, for all we know this killer could be a weak and petite man."

"Woah, woah, I didn't mean it like that. I'm not trying to offend anyone here" Morgan defended himself.

"I like her." Garcia said looking at you. You realized everybody was staring at you because of the way you snapped at Morgan.

"I'm sorry, Agent Morgan. I didn't mean to snap at you, I'm just used to being patronized by men in this type of work and I don't take it well considering I worked my ass off to get here" you immediately regretted the fact that you used the word "ass" at work and in front of your boss.

"Tell me about it," Emily scoffed.

Rossi changed the subject, "This unsub is organized and doesn't take too long between kills, we need to move fast before he hurts another victim."

"Wheels up in thirty." Hotch left the conference room and the team followed, except for Reid. You and Reid were left in the room while you collected your file from the table.

"Did you know that although men and women are confirmed to have equal intelligence, they have different emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence has been documented to be significant in the workplace and women are actually proven to have higher emotional intelligence than men based on the MSCEIT and the Test of Emotional Intelligence. There are also more women enrolled in colleges than men. A study in 2012 showed that–"

You interrupted, "–it showed that 71% of women enrolled in college right after high school, which is 10% more than the men who enroll," you continued, "women's IQ scores have also risen faster than men's in the last century."

Reid's jaw dropped and he stared at you speechless.

"Why are you surprised that I knew those statistics? After all, you just explained that women are smarter..." you walked out of the conference room with a smirk on your face and saw the team staring at you, realizing that they overheard your conversation. They continued to stare at you; as you walked to the elevator, you overheard Garcia tell Morgan that she can't wait to be friends with you.

"See you on the jet" you smiled at Reid as he watched you walk into the elevator.