Chapter 32

Back to Jo's POV

You don't know how many days it's been. Each day Cat walks in with a new weapon in her hand, a new way of hurting you. You haven't eaten, drinken, or even slept in what felt like weeks but was probably only days. You could barely see through your eyes that were almost swollen shut from all the punches you had endured. Your body was covered in dried blood and you could smell the sweat and dirt all over you. You never considered these things when you thought about kidnappings. Victims obviously weren't able to shower or use the bathroom in situations like this, so their bodily fluids would build up. Sweat gland secretions will over time cause body odor, especially when you don't shower in days. All this torture was insufferable, but weirdly enough, the smell of your own body rotting was the worst part of it to you. Maybe it's because you knew you were getting weaker and you knew you were slowly dying. Maybe that's why the smell was too much, it was a reminder that you were slowly rotting and will eventually die in here.

The camera was still on, it's been on this entire week. It's been on each time you screamed, each time you cried, each time you yelled as she tore open your skin or hit you. You were so bored staring at the blank white walls everyday. It's the only thing you could look at while you were being tortured. You couldn't look in the camera. You couldn't look at your team. You felt broken and you couldn't bear to look them in the eye, even if it wasn't directly.

In the beginning of the torture, you made comments and remarks aggravating Cat Adams, trying to annoy her. But now? you hadn't spoken a single word to Cat in almost two days. She would come in, make some snarky remarks, torture you, then leave again. Today, you didn't know what else to do. You didn't want it to come to this, but you didn't know what else you could do. You felt yourself dying. You decided you had to beg for mercy, you had to beg and try your best to get her to stop. She's a psychopath, there's barely a chance that it would work. If anything, it might only make her enjoy this more and want to hurt you more. But you had to try. You couldn't die. You couldn't die without telling Spencer how you felt. What's funny is that you should be thinking of yourself. You should want to stay alive for yourself. But your life has only caused you pain. Spencer is the only one you were thinking about. He's the only reason you didn't want to die. He's the only one that makes life bearable. He makes you happy.

You barely noticed her walk into the room. You had been falling in and out of consciousness every once in a while. It wasn't until she used her finger to lift your chin up to face her that you noticed her presence. She does that quite often.

You mustered up any strength you had left to speak, but nothing but a groan came out of your mouth. You tried again as she smirked, amused by your attempt to speak.

"I-I can't do this a-anymore," you whispered through your coughs.

"P-please," you began to beg in defeat as she maintained her smirk, "w-what do you want from me...I-I....I'll do anything,"

Her smile only widened as her face moved closer to yours, leaving only inches apart between your faces. She was slightly crouched so that she was eye-level to you. Her head moved to the side of your face and her lips were now only centimeters away from your left ear.

"What I want is to hurt Spencer, and killing you will do that" she whispered right into your ear, sending chills down your spine. A choked sob escaped your lips as she backed away. All the torture you had endured was killing you, your body couldn't handle anymore.

She left the room as you cried at her words. You knew she was right. That killing you would be the best way to hurt Spencer. For a second you were comforted knowing you were gonna die, it meant you wouldn't have to go through her torture anymore. It meant the team would no longer be tortured by watching you suffer. But then you remembered all the good memories you've had in your life. And all those memories were made with Spencer. You didn't want to die.

You were alone in the room, you knew death was coming soon. You slowly lifted your head to face the camera. Your eyes watered and threatened to spill more tears as you glared into the camera that had been watching you and capturing every second of your suffering.

As you looked into it, you said the three words you've been waiting to say since Spencer confessed his love to you. You said the three words that you've struggled to say your entire life. You said the three words you knew he had to hear before you died.

"I love you, Spence" you spoke in almost a whisper.

You hoped he had heard it. For the first time, you actually hoped he was on the other end of the camera watching. He needed to know how you felt.

A few minutes had passed before Cat Adams walked in again. She was holding a gun in her hand.

"N-No... No, p-please," you attempted to beg again, but your throat was so dry she could barely hear. This was it, this was going to be your death.

You looked into the camera once more before a loud gunshot sounded. At first you didn't realize, you thought everything was okay. But then you felt a cold wet substance spread on your arm. Your head lowered slowly to glance at what it was, and you felt yourself growing weaker by the second when you realized it was your blood.

Your shirt became soaked with blood as it oozed out of your shoulder. Your body grew cold and your vision began to blur. Whimpers escaped your lips but no tears spilled from your eyes. You had no tears left to cry.

You looked up once more, glancing at the plain white walls and taking in the lonely aura that surrounded you. This was it. You were going to die alone at the hands of Cat Adams. You took in short breaths, struggling to get oxygen to your lungs, but smelling the nasty odor of your body with each breath. Your body was giving up and your mind was shutting down.

Before your body completely gave up though, you saw a blurry silhouette of a tall man behind Cat Adams. More blurs of people appeared behind Cat Adams as well and it looked like they were holding guns with FBI vests. You heard shouts but the noise was fading out as you began falling unconscious. Was this your imagination tricking you? Was it your mind tricking you into thinking you were finally being saved? Your mind wanted you to fight, but your body couldn't anymore. It finally shut down. You could no longer carry the weight of your head and you were forced to stare down at the pool of blood forming beneath you. Finally, your eyes shut and your mind emptied. The last thing you heard was a familiar voice of a man calling your name.

a/n: THIS CHAPTER WAS SAD IM SORRY