Three

One month later.

The air was tense as we sat down on the floor of our hovel of a home. Colorado had been a bad move. We were ambushed at the airport. Taken into custody for a night with the promise of Hunter on the way. And worse, they had Cayden's father. Killed him on a video call as Hunter taunted us. "I've waited for this moment... blah... blah.. evil speech blah."

In a blinding rage Cayden had broken us free and we killed every single wolf in that warehouse that night. Cayden was right. I was strong. Even stronger than those who tried to fight me.

So now we found ourselves in a condemned house. Cayden nearly broke on me. But I refused to let him beat himself up when for a year he has been building me up.

"You know what we have to do," he sighed as we sat quietly on the floor, after breaking down and crying on my shoulder. "Plan B."

"Don't worry I'm not ovulating," I tried for a joke and was satisfied to see a half grin on his lips. It's been too long since I've seen it. "I know," I squeezed his hand.

They were closing in faster than ever. It was time to throw off the trail. And make it hard for them to find us. Near impossible.

"Canada here we come," I sighed. For the next couple months we would change into wolves and remain as such until we've travelled around enough and thrown them off.