14. Hayley

Hayley POV

"Got enough sleep?" Hunter taunted. He looked like a kid in a candy shop. He looked excited. Too excited.
"You haven't been a good girl at all: kicking and clawing at me when I try to come close. When anyone tries to come close," he wagged a finger at me. I had been here two days and so far they haven't gotten near me. The last guy I gripped my chains and jumped up, hooking my legs around the man's neck and killing him slowly as he suffocated between my thighs. It brought a smile to my face that Hunter had walked in on and seen. But today, he had backup.

Behind him stood a few men who were geared from head to toe. It made me feel as if I were a badass who needed all of this. Cayden was right.
Hunter was weak.

"Either you be a good girl, or my men here will stab you with this syringe," he held up a needle with a smirk. "And for however long you're out I'll be sure to explore you're body thoroughly."

"Ah, yes," i said as I laughed. "It's the only way you can get a little action. By drugging up a girl and feeling her up while she's passed out. So pathetic," I laughed but my stomach was a bundle of nerves.

Hunter's face twisted in rage as he dropped the syringe and lunched towards me, but out of reach, I noticed.
What a weak ballsack he was, I thought.

"Who do you think you are?" he sneered as he paced back and forth. "Don't forget who you are. Don't forget how you would get on your knees and beg to suck me off," he growled, And a memory I had stored in the far back of my mind came back full force, as I remembered how he'd push me to my knees and make me beg and beg as if I wanted to, but really I was afraid of what would happen if I didn't. And then he'd shove himself into my mouth after making me crawl from the bathroom towards the bed we shared.

"Oh I remember. I remember how microscopic you are down there and how I had to fake moan or else I would get a beating," I crackled as a man of his had to cough to cover a laugh.

Hunter looked down at the broken syringe with much regret. "Get another," he growled at one of his men. "You," he looked at me. "You laugh and joke now. But I'll have you in our bedroom and you'll obey me once again. In a year we will forget about this little stunt of yours. And we will be happy," he insisted as his eyes raked over my body.

"Why?" I couldn't help but ask. "Why can't you just let me go?"

Hunter gave a half smile as he looked over my shoulder, like he was reliving a memory. "You're my soulmate, Hayley and I love you. You're just being ungrateful right now but you'll see I'm the alpha. As in nature, women look for the alpha male. That is me. I'm stronger, smarter and richer than Cayden. You deserve me. And only me," he grinned before walking away, leaving me slacked jawed at his surety.

I eyeballed those left behind. "Ok, whose first to die?" I grinned as they started to approach.