17. Cayden

I led Hunters goons on a chase across town from the mansion. And I let them surround me, thinking they had me. Put up hell of a fight too. Killing a good amount of them. Enough that they would be afraid to move me from this location without calling in backup. They had me cornered and stuck in the basement of this abandoned house in the woods that I had chosen. They barred me in and there was no escape. Not that I cared. Only three of them remained as I heard them calling for backup.
"We have him cornered but we need more men, here's our location," they called their backup.
Hopefully Hayley was holding strong and not taking any shit from those losers and hopefully Hunter took the bait and wanted to come gloat himself. But either way; they'd send most of the men guarding the mansion to come pick me up.
"On our way, sit tight," I heard the answering reply. With a smile I walked over to where I had hidden a automatic gun. These idiots didn't know I brought them to a trap, they thought it was by chance we ended up here. What knuckleheads.

I aimed at the door hearing three of them on the other side, no wanting to chance it they all stayed by the door. If I didn't kill them fast enough, they could radio in for more help.

Feeling confident I started letting shots off.

And that's how I found myself standing over three dead bodies. Ok, now with half of the goons on the way here and away feom the mansion, I shifted and started racing towards Hayley. Please please let this work.

When I got there, I was right, most of the cars were gone and only one stood guard outside. I sniffed and used my werewolf senses to determine there only being six people here. I flew forward, easily taking out the one guard outside.

Inside, I tore out the rest of their throats, they got a couple shots in my, my blood was dripping all over the white marble floors as I raced towards Hayley's scent.

My heart stopped when I found her, bloody, on the floor. "Shift," I demanded, feeling the weak pulse on her throat. "Shift now," I howled in her ear, afraid for her life. She was so weak she could only shift halfway before she feel back completely in human form now.

"Weak," she moaned. She must need water and food, he knew how to keep her weak so she couldn't shift damn him.

She healed enough that we were able to make our way down stairs with her arm thrown over my shoulder. "Give me a minute, I'll shift and heal, she groaned with each step we took.
"Don't have a minute," I felt as if there was a countdown bomb strapped to our chests, each second ticking down, causing me to sweat. Everything in me screamed hurry, hurry, hurry!

The moment we made it to the bottom stairs, the front door burst open, coming half way off. I spun us to the side and we raced through the living room, feeling men who were armed to the teeth racing behind us.

Hunter came into view, a smile on his dumb face as we came up short, realizing we were completely surrounded.
With guns pointed at us.
Not good. Hayley moaned as Hunter wagged a finger at us. "It's very rude to steal someone else's pet you know, they are like family," he laughed at his own joke and it made me sick to know he truly saw and treated Hayley as nothing more than his property.
"It's ok," I reassured Hayley as Hunter pulled out his own gun and aimed it at me. I could feel Hayley start to shake.

"Enough of these games," the amusement left his face as he looked at me. "I was going to kill you slowly over time but I would really like to get back to my life," his finger went to the trigger. "And you're in the way." I barley registered the loud bang and instead focused on Hayley was was gripping me tight and sobbing.
"It's ok," I told her. She screamed bloody murder and I tried to say more but my knees gave out. Looking down in shock; I saw red spreading fast across my chest. Shift! My mind screamed and when I started to Hunter shouted out, "Shift and she's dead next!" He aimed at Hayley, who was frantically holding her hands to my chest and yelling at me but everything started to sound so far away as another shot rang out, hitting me in the face this time.